Octane Booster

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Sky22

LV

I have a 2004 VW Bora. When i bought my car, the person before was using Super to fill the tank, however, according to the tank cover i am originally supposed to be filling Premium. I know alot of people now are switching over to Super since Premium prices have increased. My car have been running a little dead lately and i wanted to try an octane booster ..Any recommendations on what brand to buy?

Some octane only gives 10 points increase which is only 1 octane boost. Trinidad and Tobago regular gas is 92 octane and premium is 95, so if you used regular gas you will need 30 points increase which is actually 3 octane boost and will take your gas to premium.

admin said:
Some octane only gives 10 points increase which is only 1 octane boost. Trinidad and Tobago regular gas is 92 octane and premium is 95, so if you used regular gas you will need 30 points increase which is actually 3 octane boost and will take your gas to premium.
By numbers, it would take at least 3-6 bottles of any octane booster or fuel injector cleaner to even start to work in any car at each interval of use.

Sky22 said:
I have a 2004 VW Bora. When i bought my car, the person before was using Super to fill the tank, however, according to the tank cover i am originally supposed to be filling Premium. I know alot of people now are switching over to Super since Premium prices have increased. My car have been running a little dead lately and i wanted to try an octane booster ..Any recommendations on what brand to buy?

Sky, most bora owners i know have been using Super so no worries. If your car has been moving slightly sluggish please have it checked out. When was the last time you did a full service maintenance ? Change engine oil? When i got mines it used to be very slow to respond but now after doing maintenance it works like a charm.

anthonemorris said:
admin said:
By numbers, it would take at least 3-6 bottles of any octane booster or fuel injector cleaner to even start to work in any car at each interval of use.
Actually their are some octane boosters which is use that do have 30 points in their products which is really 3 octane increase. You really have to check at the back label to see how much points it really is, so mack sure you get the ones stating 30 points.

Bought two bottles of these at Unipet in Brentwood. Since using it, i've gotten plenty more kick downs and it runs good so far. No complaints. This is a cheaper brand. There are many more good ones out there.

15zrq13.jpg

BrotherHood said:
Do any of these octane boosters really increase octane levels as much as advertised?
We can't test them so we have no choice but to trust them! . But i do get better performance when using the 30points octane boost.

I can confirm that octane boosters really worked. Unfortunately, I cannot find my dyne charts. The increases are minimal and short lived though.

V2nr 3.0 said:
I can confirm that octane boosters really worked. Unfortunately, I cannot find my dyne charts. The increases are minimal and short lived though.
Ok, great,

Any of you have a preferred brand? What's the best, or better ones on the market? I am yet to try any of these octane boosters.

Nice to know about these booster.These worked good for the cars.I think the best option to buy it from Cars Community.com.These have of good quality.

I never used octane booster since all the cars I used for extended periods were made to run on 91RON but I'm sure there would have been some performance gain from a concentrated booster though.

I know its just like the fuel injector cleaner in the sense that plenty of them is marketing more than actual performance.

Lol I know some people with high performance cars use them but lol I'm a bit so so about them lol well I go do some more research on them

Back