Mitsubishi TD04 feeds engine with oil

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

KDV46-WG

LV

I've noticed my oil level decreases whenever the airfilter gets dirty, well 3 weeks of use, average everyday city driving, then I'd have to buy a new air filter and same thing happens again and again, until I noticed my turbo was wet with oil, i decided to dry up the turbo and use the car without an air filter, and after using the car, the turbo is still dry, what could be the problem with my turbo? Do I need to buy a new turbo? or second hand at least?

Hey KDV, I don't know a lot about this issue, but I did some research and I hope that this can help.

If you're air filteris dirty or restrictive at all, your turbo suction will be pullingoil vaporfrom the CCV doghouse located on top of your drivers side valve cover. There's a short black 3/4" ID elbow hose connecting the Doghouse to the under side of the intake plumbing between the air filterbox and the turbo. If you've done something that increases the amount of turbo boost, that also increases the vacuum on the intake side of the turbo. More vacuum means that the engine is pulling harder thru the CCV and likely sucking in some unwanted oil into the system. The fix for this is the CCV mod.

A popular mod, the CCV mod, is so simple that my dog could do it. Take the driver's side turbo plumbing out from theintercoolerto the turbo inlet. Remove the plumbing that connects the air filterbox and the turbo. Be careful not to break the green vacuum line that plugs into the turbo inlet plumbing. Take the doghouse off with a stubby phillips head screwdriver. You may want to use a screwdriver tip in a 1/4" socket with a ratchet to get to this. A long screwdriver won't fit. Remove the two screws in the top of the doghouse and carefully pull the doghouse up off the valve cover. Clean it.

You'll need to buy some
3/4" black rubber hosefrom Lowes or something. A 3/4" barb 90degree elbow (irrigation section), 6 ft of clear 3/4" hose(all other parts plumbing section), 6 or so screw type hose clamps. Before you install the doghouse, cut a 2" length of the black 3/4" hoseand fit it onto the outlet pipe on the side of the doghouse and secure with a hose clamp. Install your 90d barb and secure it with a hose clamp. Slide on your 6ft of clear hose.

Install the doghouse but with the outlet pipe facing the rear of the truck, not the front. Route the plumbing of the doghouse using the clear hose, over your brake master cylindernext to the firewall and down the side of the engine bay and out under the driver's side floor board.

To block off the turbo intake where the CCV used to be connected, reuse the short black hose elbow and install a straight plastic 3/4" barb / 3/4" MIP thread fitting. Install a 3/4" black iron pipe cap on it to seal it off. Reinstall the turbo inlet plumbing. You've now cut off the CCV from your intake and you are allowing it to ventilate to the atmosphere instead of sucking oil into your intake and turbo and
intercoolerand engine.

Taken from http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f24/01-7-3-leaking-oil-somewhere-turbo-pics-242704/

sounds like some simple seals need changing. what vehicle?

it seems easy, but, I am already looking for a second hand turbk from japan already.

Well, I suspect my valve cover breather. There is a filter for it and it is probably clogged again, and when the filter clogs up, the oil comes out and is sent to the turbo through the breather line that is connected to the intake pipe. So, while I still have no time to take my valve cover out, I'll persist to useit without an air cleaner untilI get a chance to clean the breather.

Can you confirm whether you are on a second gen Pajero with a 4m40? We need to know this information along with your mileage to help you with the problem.

Back