Metaphors??

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

candy8998

LV

omg!! in english we're focusing on analyzing poems which comes down to metaphors. For my homework we had to make metaphors out of a list of words, and boy am i stuck!! but the list is;

ice cream
friendship
jealousy
needles
a kiss
school work
dancing
sleep
you

so far i got

Ice Cream can be the perfect medicine for a sweet tooth

Good friendships are magnetic while bad friendships glide with tension over water tainted with oil.

Jealousy- With fires igniting dry hay, jealousy spreads with ease through one's mind

Needles pierce skin with the force of an insult to someone's self esteem

A kiss- It electrocutes the body, little shockwaves are sent with transmissions to alert the unaware

that's all i got so far!! I can't make anything up without using like or as, and i don't want to keep using "with"

does anyone have any pointers??

i am sorry if only i did see this post earlier i wudda help you.....i got an A in Literature

i jus dnt understand metaphors everythin else is kool

Metaphors are so common in everyday speech <they're invisible.> To me thats the only thing that is <hard about them.>
Metaphors are only comparisons that use one thing to describe another. They dont need to have much in common.. only one thing. That thing is a quality you want to stress on. (without the use of "as" or "like" lol)
<old metaphor>

Back