Local Elections

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Kamla called Local Elections on July 26th 2010 After Winning the Elections on May 24th..Whats your perspective is it to soon? What do you think she want to prove?

I think its a good move. When was the last time we had a local election? The PNM postponed the local elections four times. I believe that we have a right to chose who we want as a MP for our constituence. I commend our PM for giving the date.

Alot of people saying that it too soon and they haven't heard anything new yet so it keeps alot of Trinidadians wondering when change will come or if this is member's chances to vote now

Well congrats to the UNC Once more on their victory they won 11-3. hope they do it right now !

I kinda laughed at the PNM All their strong holds except three was beaten such as POS, Carnage, PT Fortin etc

Congrats to the new local government hope changes start to happen like they said

tabaquite has had a unc MP an a unc councilor since always an was neglected even though unc was in gov't for five years so ah hope now d ppl in church trace get their road fix!!! congrats to d unc, cop an d pp

plz ask yourself if you are happy wit your representative in alyuh area....soon we will hear dem again.....

Re: Local Government Elections

It is the People's Partnership's intention to have a clean sweep of the local government elections.
That’s according to local government minister, Dr. Surujrattan Rambachan.
He addressed local government officials at a meeting on a way forward to local government in Enterprise, Chaguanas on Sunday.
Dr. Rambachan warned what will happen if the PNM wins.
He also hailed the work of the unemployment relief programme, noting that quality pavilions and drainage works were already completed.
However, the Minister stressed that the URP programme is not a cheap venture, and that it was necessary for those in charge to ensure their gangs work the mandatory 4 hours a day.

Re: Local Government Elections

are ur ministry of local government office workin for u......plz tell us....

Mission.....
"The Ministry of Local Government is committed to facilitating, coordinating, monitoring and ensuring accountability of Municipal Corporations in the effective and efficient delivery of quality services through meaningful decentralized systems, structures, procedures, practices and provision of specialized support services."

Vision.....
"The Ministry of Local Government is the foremost people-oriented organization empowering Local Government Bodies to become premier community institutions for executing holistic development, with emphasis on sustainable economic growth, poverty eradication, environmental management, equal opportunity and justice for all, in their respective regions, by allowing the widest citizen participation in local affairs thereby enhancing the quality of life."

This local tobago elections have an issue of racism arising . You will not see it on the news but persons of indian descent living in Tobago are being harassed by persons of african descent because the PNM win .. i thought we have moved on from this but i thought WRONG! Facebook statuses are all about it ! Sigh it is really disturbing

Back