Limited state of emergency in Trinidad and Tobago

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
The Prime minister of Trinidad and Tobago just called for a Limited state of emergency in Trinidad and Tobago at of 12:00 o clock tonight to crime wordy areas. This is a serious measure made by the PM but its solely due to the major increasing crime in the country. It will affect the public and ay cause some inconvenience but the Pm asked for the general public to bear with this measure.

This means that Police would have great power over citizens and criminals, we talking about curfews , random house searching and stuff. Crime hot spots such as Central , Laventille , Belmont etc Would be locked down and stripped of guns, drugs and suspected weapons..

i now hearing about this and i know trinispice is d first place to check..wheyy i living cunupia and you know here have real crime goshh and i so worried my bf is working today :(

Here's Just a draft of what the people think Are crime risky areas:

Under state of emergency, Arima, Arouca,Beetham,Belmont Caranage, Cunuipia, Diego Martin, Enterprise, Felicity, Longdenville, Gasparillo, Grand Couva,Hermitage, Icacos, Laventille, Maloney,Morvant,Sea lots,Trincity. Pigeon point, Crown point, St James, Moruga , Point Fortin

Official List of hotspots from minister of Nat Security

Designated Hot Spots that will see curfew from 9pm to 5am

The City of Port of Spain -

* St. James East
* St. James West
* Woodbrook
* Northern Port of Spain
* Belmont East
* Belmont North & West
* Southern Port of Spain
* East Dry River
* St. Ann’s River South
* St. Ann’s River Central
* St. Ann’s River North
* Belmont South

The City of San Fernando –

* Cocoyea/Tarouba
* Les Efforts East/Cipero
* Les Efforts West/La Romain
* Marabella East
* Marabella South/Vistabella
* Marabella West
* Mon Repos/Navet
* Pleasantville
* Spring Vale/Paradise

The Borough of Arima –

* Calvary
* Arima North East
* Arima West
* Arima Central
* Malabar
* Tumpuna
* O’Meara

The Borough of Chaguanas –

* Charlieville
* Edinburgh/Longdonville
* Enterprise North
* Enterprise South
* Cunupia
* Montrose
* Felicity/Endevour
* Munroe Road/Caroni Savannah

The San Juan/Laventille Regional Corporation –

* Maracus Bay/Santa Cruz/La Fillette
* Febeau/Bourg Mulatresse
* Morvant/Upper Malick
* San Juan West/Caledonia
* St. Ann’s/Cascade/Mon Repos West
* St. Barb’s Chinapoo
* Beetham/Picton
* Success/Trou Macaque
* Aranguez/Warner Village
* Barataria
* Petit Bourg/Champ Fleurs/Mt. Lambert
* San Juan East

The Diego Martin Regional Corporation -

* Chaguaramas/Glencoe
* Goodwood/La Puerta
* Covinge/Richplain
* Diamond Vale
* Morne Coco/Alyce Glen
* Petit Valley/Cocorite
* St. Lucien/cameron Hill
* Belle Vue/Bossiere #1
* Moka/Bossiere #2

No if you are not living in these areas their are no curfew, but you never know if it changes. The limited state of emergency is main for the major crime affected areas.

What you need to know is

· Soldiers will exercise powers enjoyed by police during the period of the Limited State of Emergency:
- Search and seizure powers enhanced because you don’t need a search warrant
- Powers of arrest and detention are included; they will be able to arrest but will hand over detainees to police.

· Police can arrest and detain for up to 24 hours after which a magistrate, or assistant superintendent (or higher), will be able to add an extra 7 days
- No bail for those arrested during the State of Emergency; courts no longer will have the power to grant bail.

· You must comply with all requests by police to stop for search and seizure protocols
- A special 3-person tribunal will be set up by Chief Justice to oversee and adjudicate all possible cases of abuse of power
- Religious services, educational services, entertainments, etc. are exempt from requesting advanced permission from the Police Commissioner

lets hope our law enforcement officers don't abuse their limited powers of arrest an all dats surrounds this exercise....an ah want to see wat dey will do wit all dem vagrants after 9 pm in town!!!

lmao nah the vagrants would be safe yes lol. what about the east areas i'm sure the bandits setting up tents to camp out or rent houses to keep their guns as we speak!

Was disappointed to see Dominic Kalipersad interviewing the AG and also the comments by Martin Daly last night. It's hard to please Trinis. Do nothing is a problem. Do something and that's a problem too! I think these two gentlemen were very unprofessional and irresponsible.

UPDATE ON THE STATE OF EMERGENCY*******************************

Police Commissioner Dwayne Gibbs said 183 arrests were made between the hours of 8 a.m. yesterday and 8 a.m. this morning in exercises conducted by police and military forces.

He was speaking at today’s post-Cabinet press briefing at the Office of the Prime Minister, St Clair to provide updates on the state of emergency and curfew.

Of the 183 people arrested, 59 were gang related, 17 for drug related offences, nine in connection with homicides, one for a firearm offence, six for other serious offences, 25 for breach of curfew and 66 on outstanding warrants.

Gibbs said that a total of 315 arrests have been made since the state of emergency was imposed.

Hey trinispicers i hear about them army and police officers when them conducting their searches dey theifing people money and breaking up their houses , causing more damage than good. If to video tape them and send it to Ian!!

Back