left or right handed

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

candy8998

LV

I'm left handed. It is said that left handed people would have a harder time using objects that are mostly made for right handed people, i never noticed this unusual claim but i do use a right handed scissors w/o any problem.

Lefties.

Mensa [an organization for people with high IQs] claims 20 percent of its members are left-handed, while statistics show that there are more sinistral people with highest IQ scores than right-handed people. This was proven by the research of doctor Alan Searleman of the St. Lawrence University in New York, showing that left-handed people are intellectually advanced in most cases, as well as that they have more developed language skills than right-handed people do. Perhaps this is the reason why left-handed people are more dominant in creative professions.

Unusual facts

Most left-handed people face the right side when writing or drawing. Stuttering and dyslexia are more common in left-handed people and they easily adjust to watching under water. They excel in sports like tennis (famous Croatian Wimbledon winner Goran Ivanisevic for instance), baseball and swimming. Scientists have discovered that sinistral people reach puberty four to five months earlier than right-handers.

Four out of five original Macintosh computer designers were left-handed, as well as twenty five percent of Apollo astronauts. However, research has shown that left-handed people live significantly shorter than right-handed people, perhaps the reason why is the fact they live in a “right-orientated” world.

[I actually do enjoy swimming, tennis, and baseball, a lot, i played most of them at school.]

Righties.

There is no prevailing theory that explains why right-handedness is so much more common than left-handedness. Neurologically, the motor skills of the right side of the body are controlled by the left hemisphere of the brain, so researchers believe the explanation may ultimately be found in the differences between the two halves of the brain. For example, a recent study found that right-handers use the right side of the brain to focus on an entire image, but the left side of the brain to focus on details within an image. This observed difference, like many others, shows the effects of right-handedness but does not clearly indicate its cause.

Unusual Facts.

Right handed people live about 9 years longer than left handed people. The left hemisphere of the brain allows right handers to have a more linear sense of thinking. They are good with mathematics, language, science skills and logic.

So which one are you?

Nooo!!!!! i'm left hand so i'll probably die before everyone else!!

I'm right handed........but I met some kool left handed ppl....lol....chek d link dey....

http://www.indiana.edu/~primate/left.html

jack d ripper make dat list........lol........buh....d king...ROBERT PLANT from Led Zeppelin left handed.....all hail d king!!!.......

lol but yes i heard that left handed people have the ability to use both sides of their brains. GO LEFTIES!!! Im not sure if its me alone but i tend to write weird like regular people write with their hand straight facing up on the paper but i write with my hand curved so usually my hand is at d top of d paper =]

im a righty & proud of it...

I am a left hander!! go me..yes i open my eyes long when i am swimming and i do excel in sports and i am brilliant in skool its so true..i am rare..admin you hear that

lol maybe we should take over the world. I used to have a theory that all lefthanders were weird.. cuz i is one and i weird. lol. But righthanders crazier. just kiddin. I dont think it affects your mentality lol.

i do think it affects ur mentality, pay close attention 2 d people who sey dem is lefties lol im kiddin, i dont think i cood keep my eyes closed under water unless it burns i lik 2 c wats goin on lol

i am a right hander and i think that some right handers does right crappy no offense including me a little lol

lol well im a lefty lol, i think my handwriting sucks but a lot of people say that they like it or its neat :s

yea...lik i said b4...im a righty...& i gotta admit dat my hand writing does turn on da sloppy side more often than not...

lol i write really small and neat hehehe and i'm a lefty ..i guess i'm rare

I am a right hander and i think i write really big and scrappy sometimes i go off the lines lol . i think i need to use penmanship books lol

Yes vicks you write really bad sowwie :( lol. I write too small i need to write bigger because if i keep it up some of my teachers might need glasses

Back