Is PC gaming a threat to console gaming?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

MangaAddict

LV

On every forum that I visit, all I'm hearing is PC masterclass, Sony paupers, Pony, etc. A lot of people are saying, consoles are dead, nothing rivals PC, PC has far superior graphics. What do you guys think? IMO both are great, but for $400 US, you get a console with superb graphics, and there's no way PC of an equivalent price can ever surpass that. Not to mention, console exclusives. Some of the best games exist ONLY on consoles.....

I haven't really done any gaming for close to a year now, but I've played on different consoles over the years and the only thing keeping me from jumping on the PC bandwagon is a nice laptop and some free time. A lot of factors would affect my decision if I had to choose either the PC or for instance, the PS3, but I'm certainly not opposed to it and I do see the perks to PC gaming. Especially if consoles were unavailable to me, I would run to the PC like jeps were after me and wouldn't be bothered in the least by the lack of actual consoles.

The PC gamer vs console gamer goes on forever
Every time I see my PC gamer panda we all argue about which is better and I feel I always win because console is one standard no need to update ever 6 months (est of GPU and processor update along with new games)

With a console I just gotta go to the store and buy me a game only and I love it can't go wrong with it... Only thing with Pc is that u could bootleg Games I miss that!

I highly doubt you can build a pc for $400. that can surpass a PS4's graphical capabilities. Plus, consoles are constantly being updated through firmware that adds a ton of features. PS4's shareplay is incredible. Can't do that on a PC. Not to mention exclusives like Uncharted, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, and Infamous, to name a few.

Just out of curiosity, when you compare prices between pc & consoles do you just count the tower vs. the system or do you include everything eg. monitors/tv, controllers, any necessary accessories, etc?

Most people just compare the consoles to the towers, but PC gamers should also factor in the cost of gaming mouses and keyboards or gamepads.

Most people just compare the consoles to the towers, but PC gamers should also factor in the cost of gaming mouses and keyboards or gamepads.

What about less serious PC gaming? I've played pc games using my regular pc setup and only tomb raider required a controller.

To be fair in comparison, it should just include the cost of the console vs the cost of the tower while gamepads should be an optional cost factored in depending on whether people buy or not.

There really isnt a better platform per say, some people are computer guys who can build a system themselves or combine old and new parts in a budget build but for a lot of people who just want to be able to play a game, worrying about what kind of processor and graphics card is too much.
Now the pc is more versatile as it runs a full os which is capable of performing much much more tasks than just gaming which adds value and use.
I own a ps3 and a custom modded pc. Between the two my pc has more hours as i can use it for far more than just games. While i may just enjoy the console exclusives more as in i find them to be more entertaining or better.

To be fair in comparison, it should just include the cost of the console vs the cost of the tower while gamepads should be an optional cost factored in depending on whether people buy or not.

There really isnt a better platform per say, some people are computer guys who can build a system themselves or combine old and new parts in a budget build but for a lot of people who just want to be able to play a game, worrying about what kind of processor and graphics card is too much.
Now the pc is more versatile as it runs a full os which is capable of performing much much more tasks than just gaming which adds value and use.
I own a ps3 and a custom modded pc. Between the two my pc has more hours as i can use it for far more than just games. While i may just enjoy the console exclusives more as in i find them to be more entertaining or better.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks nirtime! I do intend to get a ps3 or ps4 again, but I'm prioritizing a laptop or pc because of how much more I can do with it as well. I can't really pick just one lol

Lol i know how that feels. The temptation to just get the console first because it may be more fun is just too real lol

It depends on whether you're priority is gaming or multipurpose. If it's gaming, consoles, if it's multipurpose, PC. My PC is currently running a Nvidia GTX 260. I have 8gb DDR3 RAM, i5 quad core processor, Asus motherboard and I recently downloaded Watchdogs and can't run it because my card doesn't support Directx 11. That sucks. So having a cheap PC for gaming, really limits you..

It depends on whether you're priority is gaming or multipurpose. If it's gaming, consoles, if it's multipurpose, PC. My PC is currently running a Nvidia GTX 260. I have 8gb DDR3 RAM, i5 quad core processor, Asus motherboard and I recently downloaded Watchdogs and can't run it because my card doesn't support Directx 11. That sucks. So having a cheap PC for gaming, really limits you..
Your system is not badly speced at all. Its just the graphics card. I guess you can say it limits you in that regard.

Yea it really does. I'm hoping to do a new built, with some serious hardware, but it's a work in progress. lol.

I'm definitely more multipurpose oriented. After I'm set with that then I'll go back to gaming. There are certain aspects of a computer I couldn't imagine living without on a daily basis lol gaming is just always there to me, whenever I'm ready.

Yea it really does. I'm hoping to do a new built, with some serious hardware, but it's a work in progress. lol.
I know someone who sells the i5/i7 really cheap. Let me know when you are ready to buy your cpu and i will give you his details.

Back