How To Change Your Windshield Wipers

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

You?ll need new wiper blades after about six months or a year of use. You might probably tend to go a little longer before asking your mechanic or family members to change them.

Wiper blade setup differs quite a bit from car to car, so you may have to follow a few different steps according to your owner?s manual. Basically, the process is similar to changing your air filter:

1. Lift the blades, as if you were washing your windshield by hand, and remove the old blades.
  2. Pay attention to how the old blades connect to the metal arms.
  3. On most models, you?ll see a tab on the underside of the wiper. Push the tab to remove the old blade.
  4. Attach the new blades, being careful not to bend the wiper arms or scratch your windshield. Line everything up and make sure the new ones are secure and tight.

If you get distracted or just can?t remember exactly how the new blades should fit on the wiper arm, don?t worry. The packaging for the new blades should have a general set of instructions and a helpful diagram.

8852FG3.gif

pg175a.jpg

This is a good post. The first time i changed wipers i couldnt figure it out because my new blades came with a universal attachment that were too small for the large J hook. If you have this problem just reuse your old clips. They snap into place.

Oh and be very cautious as the arms when lifted without wipers will break your windshield if they fall back on the windshield.

When purchasing wiper blades, understand that there are several styles and it is quite an easy and effortless procedure once you understand how its done.

Last edited:
This is very useful because in our areas the wipers are having an intense use which is why thinking of the kind of help we get is always supportive and that's the best part of it.

Back