How Many Islands Are In Trinidad and Tobago?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

Definitely not just 2!

I'm sure we all know about down the islands etc, but did you know there are actually about 22 distinct islands in Trinidad & Tobago? That's not counting the "minor" islands. I wonder if it's possible for the average Joe to visit each one.

Here's the full list. (<<click)

I just learned something very interesting , good post!!

How safe is visiting these islands?

^x2 with that safety issue
But yea been on the sea and noticed a lot of em on the north side but they seem uninhabited and in accessible

I've heard of visiting "down the islands" but not much else. I'm quite curious if there's a way to visit them all, or at least the major islands.

I used to knew someone that knew someone that lived in Little Gaspree, and I visited one of the "down the islands" when I was in school. I figured that was as extensive as Trinidad got. I'm quite surprised how many interesting things there are about Trinidad that isn't common knowledge. I spoke with someone a few months ago who said at the age of 40, for the first time she was hearing that Christopher Columbus landed in Cedros and there was nothing to commemorate it nor was it widely known. I found out about these numerous islands reading an article from a foreign news site only yesterday! lol

Whaaaaaatttttttt!!!???? Shame...:behindsofa: learning something new everyday! Thanks Shadowhunter!

I visited Gasparee Islands for a field trip for my Geography Class years ago. We took a boat taxi a little before the Army Tetron Entrance and the ride was smooth. The water was clear all the way to Gasparee and you can see the marine life so vivid underneath.

We arrived on the island and got a tour of the Gasparee Caves. It was magnificent as i have never seen cave formation first hand and water so blue ! There is also blind fishes in the cave. After the tour we ventured around the island and it was beautiful. I didn't expect to see alot of houses and lush green fruit trees and flora. I would recommend if you are going to visit one of those islands, that you stop at Gasparee first.

Please take a look https://www.google.tt/search?q=gasp...QmOrVNPcOIScNpXog7gH&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgdii=_

I've heard soo many great things about the Gasparee Islands, I've wanted to go for years! Hopefully I'll be able to take my family there this year. It looks gorgeous :)

It's so beautiful! Definitely going on my list of places I want to visit!

hahah wow, i would have surely gotten that wrong! ive actually never been down the islands before, i have only been dragon boating near some of them, but never really got that far!

I will def recommend you guys see the cave formations and also if you can swim try the blue waters. Lots of minerals and good for the skin , so i've heard. The water is literally blue from the pics and the boat ride is smooth to get there on the island.

That sounds like a truly breathtaking experience. Making a mental note to look into that!

Back