How crime started in Trinidad & Tobago

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Grand theft Auto and games of the like are blamed undeservedly. If the one playing these games, don't have the maturity and morality to distinguish virtual from reality then they themselves are to blame. There's a reason why the ESRB was created. To channel adult/Mature videogames to adult/mature individuals. Don't blame a videogames for our short-commings. The problem with our mentality lies within us a human beings. Its typical that we see the bad in everyting else but never stopped and looked in the mirror and saw the real cause.

Grand theft Auto has alot to do with how youths mentality are today, this game encourages gamers to act like a criminal. Spending much time on that game will cause you to lose sense of reality and think of life just as the game.

I reject that theory completely. I played GTA3, GTA:VC & GTA:SA & I haven't gone on a killing spree or stolen a car. It is the individual who makes a choice.

Yeah lol plus parenting have alot to do with crime as well and how people grow up their children to think. Lack of proper norms and values will result in crime

Now these days you ain't hearing nothing about crime not even on the papers and if you see it it's because it hiding in a corner

Because it elections time people are less interested in hearing about crime but more interested in hearing a set of rubbish for stupid politician

What about the youths these days...hardly hearing about adults committing crime but its the youth boys these days doing all the robbing and stealing...what family values are left in this country..we only living on greed and self-interest now ?

Criminality is and has always been as a result of cultures and values which dictates the choices that someone makes.
Crime in Trinidad started from the very first moment that the evil human qualities of desire, selfishness, greed and prejudice were acted upon.
The three factors of criminality are the prerequisite, perversion and perpetration.
The prerequisite is the person or thing upon which the act is perpetrated.
Perversion is the fertile condition that nurtures and perpetuates criminality.
Therefore a society of leaders with perverted morals is at the root of criminality in Trinidad.

I Love That explanation..also crime can be seen as an act of no socialization or improper socialization by their elders ..also another factor an absence of a male role model in an household. Due to this young adults act out and commit crime

The choices people make are usually dependant on the psychological conditioning they are exposed to, from the moment of foetal conception, to the point of completion of their social/cultural programming.

This social/cultural programming is similar to the programming of a computer’s processor with data that is considered to be factual. The computer then compares all incoming data against its programmed intelligence, in order to generate a conclusion.

Similarly the human intellect processes incoming data based on the morals/values they have been conditioned with. Some of these morals/values are inherited from genetic sources and the others are learnt from the environment to which the absorptive mind is exposed.

Yes that is true patriot as i believe it can be in the genes as well ;) . We obviously need to get a fix on crime to be developed country but we need to develop our minds first if any one understands what im saying

Crimes are increasing, there is no doubt.

I think harsher punishments can reduce crime rate, maybe the punishments are not harsh enough.

Unfortunately you cannot really stop crime, but you can always reduce it.

we need to bring back the death penalty in this country!

Not only that SIAN i believe in corporal punishment, when i used to do bad things long ago my i used to get licks for it, licks to study and licks to do the right thing. Thanks for that i actually turned out good.

admin said:
Not only that SIAN i believe in corporal punishment, when i used to do bad things long ago my i used to get licks for it, licks to study and licks to do the right thing. Thanks for that i actually turned out good.

True admin, my siblings and i used to get licks for everything when we were little. but now, it seems like children don't get licks anymore. some parents does say what it's going to do if i beat my child, licks not going to dem anything etc. but i guess they fail to remember what how their parents brought them up!!!

It have children now who does be cussing up their parents like its nothing. I they can't correct them who you expect to correct them not me or you. Parents how grow up their children with discipline and manners. If more parents do that then we would not have to worry about teen criminals.

Is children ruling parents now eh. them only want to sweeten up their children . a time i was by de doctor and if u hear this little youth man tellin he mudda to shut up..wtf if that was me i wudda done buss ah slap

Back