Hand grenade, ammo found at Sea Lots

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
n2.jpg

seized: Officers of the Port of Spain CID seized a grenade and 100 rounds of 9 mm ammunition during a raid in the Sea Lots area yesterday morning. -Photo: JERMAINE CRUICKSHANK
A hand grenade and 100 rounds of 9 mm ammunition were found in a house after police placed several parts of Sea Lots, Port of Spain in lock-down mode yesterday.

Officers of the Criminal Investigations Department randomly raided the homes of several residents.

The raids which began at 10 a.m. was led by Snr Supt Martin Murrain .

The grenade and ammunition were found in an abandoned house. Police said the arms either belonged to the Production Avenue or Pioneer Drive gangs. Both gangs were said to be at war with each other.

Following the find investigators said they have intensified patrols in the area and plan to keep up the raids for the next three months.

The grenade might have been brought in from Venezuela and formed part of a bigger shipment, it is believed. Investigators suspect a Port of Spain gang leader as being the mastermind behind the illegal shipment.

The grenade was expected to be handed over to officers attached to the Special Anti Crime Unit for forensic testing to be conducted.

The latest seizure comes on the heels of seven men being arrested on Wednesday morning for possession of 118 kilogrammes of compressed marijuana.

The marijuana which has a street value of $700,000 was found following a raid at Kelly Village, Caroni.

Insp Sahadeo Singh of the Besson Street CID was also involved in that raid.
taken from the Express

OK What the hell they going to do with hand grenades omg. And I does get confused when I read of these finds by the Authorities. Correct me if I am wrong, but the multi-million dollar RADAR we have installed across T.T. - did you, our gov't, not say that they can 'see' every movement around the coast of our island. Did they not 'see' these illegal trading going on. If not, why not. I am left with the impression that our gov't is playing us all for fools. Oh, yes, what about the BLIMP too? Are these high tech equipment just a 'pappy show' to make us believe that our gov't was fully capable of handling the safety and security of our nation. Confusion - Neglect - Mismanagement - Disappointment - Sadness!

Nice rant...
People, including the police is underestimate how well armed, t skilled and intelligent criminals are. That why things like this happen criminals real resourceful and the people who should be watching them does thinks like is lil children they dealing with. But it least they find this, hopefully there will be more follow up raids in this case.

Remember technology for criminals are going up but it seems like the police are still way behind, simple things like placing gps tracking devices on items guns and ransom money could do alot but we are so backward, and the criminals are just to high tec (most of them) for the police

Back