Fun facts

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
lol there are a lot of disturbing food facts out there. There's an info thing with a pic of a cow I think, detailing all the supposedly vegan/vegetarian/cruelty free things that actually do involve unthinkable animal ingredients. A shocker for me about 6 years ago was gelatin: ground up animal bones, ligaments, tendons, and skin. I haven't eaten Jell-O, mousses, gummy snacks, or marshmallows since and check all ingredient labels religiously. But there are worse ingredients out there.

eg. Civet.
Unctuous secretion painfully scraped from a gland very near the genital organs of civet cats. Used as a fixative in perfumes. (courtesy peta)

How do people come up with these things? Who on earth would say 'Hmmm, I think a cat's genitals would smell great! We should make a perfume out of that!'

That's actually not the worst ingredient in everyday items lol you'd be surprised!

McDonald's around the world:
mcdonaldsindianmenu.jpg

d702e1530a5554cb1bdeed11e456ffc1.jpg

tumblr_mczwtzllOJ1roqv59o1_500.png

The colors red, yellow, and orange are used in fast food restaurants because those are the colors that stimulate hunger.

interesting_facts_put_j9Rio_640_01.jpg

tumblr_mlj9cuGDSl1roqv59o1_500.png

2d5d1204718d624b65e67056a4b49f6f.jpg

tumblr_mqi0m2sr6F1roqv59o1_500.png

disgusting-facts-about-fast-food-10.jpg

disgusting-facts-about-fast-food-7.jpg

disgusting-facts-about-fast-food-8.jpg

When i was attending UWI, i ate soo much chocolate and consumed a lot of coffee! Thing was like magic when combined together :flame:

I was addicted to both really badly. If i didn't eat chocolate every day I actually felt withdrawal symptoms lol and it got to the point where I was drinking coffee so strong (and unsweetened) it was like tar and I still needed it all day lol Been clean (from coffee) since 2011 with a few moments of weakness in between lol When I go to the grocery I always linger in the coffee aisle. Not for the stinky Nescafe, but the out of this world smell of Folgers and Cafe Bustelo etc. Ohhh yummmmm *drools*

Quite an interesting thread here, learned some stuff that seems legit. I must post some of my own, when I find them :D

This guy is awesome...Subscribe immediately!

[video=youtube;HmeyEM0ctJM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmeyEM0ctJM[/video]

Back