Fake Insurance?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Yup can you just imagine these fake insurances are also made by their employees under their noses.

A person who i know got their fake insurance from an employee of Beacon Insurance that's doing a sideline thing. The fake insurance cost 150-350TT

a lot of corrupt employees are doing it these days for the major companies. It's just sad what we've come to in this country.

The worst part is that most of these people probably do not have the money to repair someone else's car and I wish they would consider that. It's things like these that make me want to drive around in a monster truck. That way I have no worries of any major damage to my vehicle unless it's at high speed.

Yes i understand.

Trinidad Insurance Institutions need to also recognize that we are a third world country and that there are many people that cannot afford an insurance. What about implementing a package to suit these citizens? Too many people these days are turned away because their car is simply too old and they will not make and the institution will not make a profit from it. Therefore, this is leading them to turn to other ways of obtaining ones.

Want to phase out fake insurance? Help the people nuh !

If people are no have too much to insure their car so they have no need to insure the cars by a fake method so when they have money so then they can insure in a positive way.

Yes i understand.

Trinidad Insurance Institutions need to also recognize that we are a third world country and that there are many people that cannot afford an insurance. What about implementing a package to suit these citizens? Too many people these days are turned away because their car is simply too old and they will not make and the institution will not make a profit from it. Therefore, this is leading them to turn to other ways of obtaining ones.

Want to phase out fake insurance? Help the people nuh !
True, most insurance companies refuse to insure the Mazda RX-7 just because they hear rotary engine. Most of the workers know nothing about the Wankel Rotary but they just assume that because its different it must be bad.

So when people face these kinds of things, it doesn't help them neither the situation.

Yeah thats another thing, the old cars might be old but people do need insurance either because they cannot afford a new car or because they just want to keep their old car. Insurance companies need to implement a better system so that not just any employee behind the printer or whatever can replicate a false insurance certificate without their knowledge. There needs to be some form of validation. Its really easy to dupe Trinidad's system just by thinking about it and that is half the problem right there.

I believe underwriting and official receipts are supposed to be a crucial part of the insurance process. I've met a lot of people who have been swindled by fake insurance agents and processes and never thought to collect an official receipt as proof of their transaction, for example. If it takes 2 minutes to get insurance papers in your hand with little to no paperwork involved, something might not be right there. However, I believe for car insurance specifically, your car is supposed to be inspected or at least glanced over as part of the process to confirm the details. This is normally not done, as far as I've been told, and may pose issues when you make your claim and the underwriter/agent listed your information as something other than what it is.

Well at the end the reason of the fake insurance is nothing more than shame.So better for us to use the legal ways to insure the car.

I believe underwriting and official receipts are supposed to be a crucial part of the insurance process. I've met a lot of people who have been swindled by fake insurance agents and processes and never thought to collect an official receipt as proof of their transaction, for example. If it takes 2 minutes to get insurance papers in your hand with little to no paperwork involved, something might not be right there. However, I believe for car insurance specifically, your car is supposed to be inspected or at least glanced over as part of the process to confirm the details. This is normally not done, as far as I've been told, and may pose issues when you make your claim and the underwriter/agent listed your information as something other than what it is.

As I understand it, you have to be careful of agents even. Trinidad is quite a place when you think about it.

Some countries have something similar to bar code readers to tell if an insurance is fake or not. I wish we can implement this here ! It will come in very handy .

Then they'll just find another way around it. Unless its deeply routed in a database that's securely managed, it won't be much of a difference.

Would it help if we could get advice from legit agents & companies on avoiding being scammed and post it here?

Awesome. I'll try to get in contact with some people and see what info I get.

Yeah its better for you and also for us to take more information about it.Thanks in Advance for your effort.

Back