Engine Backfire / Spitting

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

anthonemorris

LV

According to Wikipedia,
"A back-fire or backfire is an explosion produced by a running internal combustion engine that occurs in the induction system rather than inside the combustion chamber. Unburned fuel or hydrocarbons ignited from a slower burning, lean fuel air mixture that is still burning inside the cylinder when the intake valve opens."

Spitting on the other hand is "an explosion in the inlet manifold, carburetor/throttle body, or air cleaner of an internal combustion engine can occur when the intake valves are not shut prior to fuel combustion."

I have first hand experience as well as footage of this!! if Ill try to get it uploaded so our members can see what both are!

#rotary

Usually these are caused by using the wrong firing order on cylinders.

Air/Fuel ratio is the cause of engine back fire, too much gas or air, or too little gas or air. You can check your fuel pump, air flow sensor, coil packs, plugs etc.....

Not only carb engines. Injected ones as well. Which is actually where I learned all good well first hand about backfire.

Yes according to my knowledge its based on some sort of unused fuel that the engine has and based on it i am sure knowing the way it goes can be something which is a bit helpful with it. Sorting such things is such a help.

Back