Driving around in a clean car

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
I love my car and I am the only one that washes it. Inside and outside takes me close to two hours to complete.

Interior: Vacuum/hand broom > wipe non fabric areas with a cloth or Turtle Wax cleaning wipes if available (to wipe dash, console, doors, groves, ac vents handles, drink holders etc)> Amoral of some sort (I prefer Mother's) >

Exterior: Strong to very strong rinse with water via a hose to remove road tar, dirt, sand etc, and spray in each wheel well to wash off sendiments on fender shields > clean rims with a soapy cloth (mild detergent) and scrubbing brush for tyres (I spray Purple Blaster on the rims if they are really dirty) > wash of wheels > empty dirty detergent water and rinse the bucket > fresh mitt sponge and detergent mixture (Mothers California Gold or Turtle Wax) to soap the top of the car (from hood to door handles, bonnet and trunk lid) > rinse car with moderate stream/spray of water > empty bucket, rinse and put fresh detergent mixture to soap bottom of car (door handles to bottom, front and rear bumper) with another mitt sponge > rinse and thoroughly dry down with chamois.

Mother's Tyre Shine on tyres. Rinse cloths, mitt sponges and chamois. Let engine run for a couple mins to dry off whatever else.

So yea, daz meh two hours lol.

That Is more Or less an indepth clean Brotherhood, nice! I also spend close to 2 hours but I vacuum once every 3 months since my interior remains clean for long. I just wipe all panels and dash parts and the leather.
I wash the engine once a month.
Turtlewax is my favorite wash, it gives black paint a really clean look while adding sheen to any color. (Will try mothers soon though)

I wash like twice a week depending on how dirty my van is. If I've been in mud I try to wash like next day or when next I have some time to spend.

Feels great :D I'd even consider it therapeutic.

Lol lol @ therapeutic.

And the car is vacuumed when necessary. Not at every wash.
The Mothers California Gold is more concentrated than the Turtle Wax. It also has a pleasant scent, better than Turtle Wax.

well guys, maybe you can go over to the Honest Reviews topic and let us know your experience with the products you use, and hopefully give examples of before and after. i found a meguiars product for interior protection and cleaning, and trust me it works wonders. will be posting pics when i finish my interior. unfortunately i had no time this weekend to clean up my ride, so the car wash took my $$. had it all planned out too, was going to try simple green degreaser and their car wash concentrate, treating the glass with meguiars glass shine, interior with another meguairs product (will put the name when i go in the car and take it out). have to clean up the seats as well but not sure if to use tuff stuff or something else.

well guys, maybe you can go over to the Honest Reviews topic and let us know your experience with the products you use, and hopefully give examples of before and after. i found a meguiars product for interior protection and cleaning, and trust me it works wonders. will be posting pics when i finish my interior. unfortunately i had no time this weekend to clean up my ride, so the car wash took my $$. had it all planned out too, was going to try simple green degreaser and their car wash concentrate, treating the glass with meguiars glass shine, interior with another meguairs product (will put the name when i go in the car and take it out). have to clean up the seats as well but not sure if to use tuff stuff or something else.
Looking forward to your reviews , it's always helpful to know what works and what doesn't.

Lol lol @ therapeutic.

And the car is vacuumed when necessary. Not at every wash.
The Mothers California Gold is more concentrated than the Turtle Wax. It also has a pleasant scent, better than Turtle Wax.
I may just have to try the mothers wash but does it allow you to take a while to dry the car and not leave water stains? The turtlewax I use allows me to wash and if I take long to dry I get no stains.

I may just have to try the mothers wash but does it allow you to take a while to dry the car and not leave water stains? The turtlewax I use allows me to wash and if I take long to dry I get no stains.

Well boy I have never left it a while before drying so I cannot say. I always dry immediately after washing.

Well boy I have never left it a while before drying so I cannot say. I always dry immediately after washing.
What does happen is when I wash say d front and I spray out the soap it tends to dry out while I wash the sides and the roof. Never had a problem with that when washing a car but the van tends to take a bit more time to do properly. Idk if it's due to me washing it in a garage which is quite warm or what.

Lol from my perspective, i love to drive in a clean car and i think everyone does too. Nastiness does feel so uncomfortable especially for an OCD person like me. I need to have to interior clean at least to be relaxed and drive because if i don't, something keeps bugging me in the back of my mind.

There is a trust worthy car wash 3 houses down from my street and we know the guy very well. He used to own a car wash in New York but came back down Trini and opened. He picks up our vehicles, washes them and brings them back. Sometimes when it's late our vehicles remain there for the night and he has no problem. He treats our vehicles very delicate and takes his time with them. I never saw a car wash owner so passionate about what he does. When i brought my Bora last week to buff, shine, polish > the full works he was so upset. Note that my car was down for 5 months because of transmission problems and it took alot of paint fumes and scratches. The man took it hard! I asked him why was he so upset . He replied " Mam, i used to have this car like a mirror and looking top shape and this is how it come back in this state" Lol :/

So yeah, i don't wash my own vehicle. Maybe a fast thing sometimes when i have to go somewhere and the car wash would not get it done in time.

At least you manage to keep your car clean LadyDeath.
I hardly see people who clean their interior and engine. They call a bodywork rinse a wash lol.

Cleanliness in a car goes a long way. More than cleanliness anywhere for me since a cars cabin is so concealed and close ranged. Everything is just right there either an arms length away or a stretch out of the seat away so with that in mind it irks me to sit in a dirty car.

so i've noticed for a long time now that many a car wash neglect quite a few spots when "cleaning" your car. u ask for a complete interior cleaning and they don't touch the headliner, the back dash or even the inside of the rear windscreen. worse yet if you have a sunroof, all they do is the outside glass. if you don't pick up on it they will keep doing it time after time. so as far as i can see if you can do it for yourself try to do so. cleaned up my tracks for my sunroof with simple green just to make sure that the drain was working (which they do) and now i'm looking to do a full interior clean myself to make sure i get all of the dirt and dust out the car. seats would need either an extractor or steam cleaning to get them to my standard.

so i've noticed for a long time now that many a car wash neglect quite a few spots when "cleaning" your car. u ask for a complete interior cleaning and they don't touch the headliner, the back dash or even the inside of the rear windscreen. worse yet if you have a sunroof, all they do is the outside glass. if you don't pick up on it they will keep doing it time after time. so as far as i can see if you can do it for yourself try to do so. cleaned up my tracks for my sunroof with simple green just to make sure that the drain was working (which they do) and now i'm looking to do a full interior clean myself to make sure i get all of the dirt and dust out the car. seats would need either an extractor or steam cleaning to get them to my standard.

At the end of it all, its your car and you'll always want to do your best vs a car wash business who just providing a service to make some money.
Please share how you cleaned your interior when you do.

Actually i am very hygienic and cleanliness is my first priority.So i like the clean cars for driving and feels very comfortable in car with more clean environment.

Actually i am very hygienic and cleanliness is my first priority.So i like the clean cars for driving and feels very comfortable in car with more clean environment.
It's a very satisfying feeling indeed.

If your car is dirty and you are single hard luck with the ladies, A clean car will boost your confidence and make you look like you have some form of standard even if you have none lol

If your car is dirty and you are single hard luck with the ladies, A clean car will boost your confidence and make you look like you have some form of standard even if you have none lol
Before that a man supposed to pride himself in caring for his machine. If all d mats sandy and car smelling inside, dash have dust etc... Things bad with that man.

Before that a man supposed to pride himself in caring for his machine. If all d mats sandy and car smelling inside, dash have dust etc... Things bad with that man.

Preach man. Preach. Let all the un-carwashing ppl hear it. :amen: :high5::clap2:

Actually if you makes your car clean so it gives you a very reliable drive and with this you looks like a sensible man and every one gives you respect to see your work on car.

Back