Driver Fined For Hogging Middle Lane

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

A van driver in the UNITED KINGDOM has been fined almost ?1,000 in the first ever conviction for hogging the middle lane on a motorway.The man was fined ?940 and issued five penalty points on his licence for refusing to budge from the central lane into the unoccupied slow lane, while driving at 60mph on the M62 near Huddersfield. It is believed to be the first conviction for middle lane hogging since it was made an offence in the country in 2013.Leeds Magistrates Court heard that the motorist had driven ?in an inconsiderate manner?, passing up numerous opportunities to move into the slower lane and forcing six other vehicles to brake and overtake.

What do you think about this guys? Do you think we should enforce this here?

IF they had to truly brake before overtaking like that it means they weren't exercising defensive driving to start with. Secondly, we should not enforce this, this isn't going to help us good citizens. We must enforce rogue truck driving laws and actually make use of the speeding fines. Sometimes I am on the right lane going 100km/h, passing everyone because they are travelling at lower speeds and I used to get tailgated because these ppl want to do 130km/h+ and drive like total maniacs.

We must fix what's wrong before we focus on extremely minor issues such as doing 60mp/h in a middle lane locally.

Remember other drivers will have to use the middle lane to over take . I think we should do something about slow drivers on the fast lane that want to keep back traffic. Especially them old derelict cars that only smoking infront of you on the fast lane but going nowhere

Remember other drivers will have to use the middle lane to over take . I think we should do something about slow drivers on the fast lane that want to keep back traffic. Especially them old derelict cars that only smoking infront of you on the fast lane but going nowhere

That is secondary. It is far better to have them on the right lane until we deal with the speeders because its nowhere safe to do 130-160-180 on a public highway as small as ours. I have no problem with it eh but speeders have to get priority over the slow drivers because end of the day if everybody is slowed down there is far less probability of major, death trap accidents.

lol middle lane that means it have 2 other lanes ded that rell hard to get charge for that

yea thats what im saying lmao...that wrong on so many different levels yes...police just wanted to give him a ticket yes

Yeah so it seems. Really and truly there are road hogs but from the looks of it, I'd say police just wanted to ticket him.

Motorway has 3 max lanes but i get what you all are saying. It good for him lmao! That would teach him to drive faster lol

cf7482ee5f74c787d9d7774a56caa3db549707c73b2cc5b8be9646d790dd516c.jpg

Aye that picture doesn't represent Trinidad. I see them ole man and them givin it gas going down the highway.

But 60mph not slow thy about 100kmh lol makes me wonder how fast lady death drives lol

I think a major problem is that our speed limit is too low to enforce. Everyone breaks it. I say raise the limit to 120 and have a minimum speed of 80 in the middle lane and 100 in the right lane amd anyone going 121 or over getting an instant ticket. This may reduce cars from weaving in and out of traffic and hitting innocent drivers bad drives.

I think a major problem is that our speed limit is too low to enforce. Everyone breaks it. I say raise the limit to 120 and have a minimum speed of 80 in the middle lane and 100 in the right lane amd anyone going 121 or over getting an instant ticket. This may reduce cars from weaving in and out of traffic and hitting innocent drivers bad drives.

This must then be completed by having speed radars and speed traps. Once people know a law is in effect they pay no regard unless there is room to be caught.

However you do have a point imo, I tend to lose focus travelling at 80 and under at times but once I'm at 90-100 I am perfectly comfortable and feel no need to cross this speed.

Back