Dream PC build

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

MangaAddict

LV

I've wanted to do this for some time now, and hopefully I'll be able to sometime in the future. I want a monster PC, I usually go to Amazon and pick out my favorite components, add it to my wishlist and then wipe away the tears when I see the cost. Sad I know, but it'll happen....

I built my TV Stand to accommodate this bad boy....still figuring out what to put in it....but I have some ideas...

What are your dream builds?

NZXT Phantom 820

192658.jpg

I'm not particular about a PC or too savvy on details....I just know I want a good graphics card, plenty RAM, and a black case basically. Hopefully everything else just kinda falls into place. I'm more of a laptop person though, so not too focused on PC at the moment.

Well good luck! Hopefully you'll achieve that dream some day. Maybe others on the site share the same dream as well and can help you out

This is what my previous PC looked like.
Specs: i5-760
4gb DDR3
EVGA 9500GT(Later gtx460 then gtx660)
Seagate 500gb hdd@7200rpm
OCZ ModXStream 600w
Case: Custom cable management, custom paint work and lighting done by me.

10556336_710138749041264_2361436303862516071_n.jpg

Here is my current system:
10556293_710132475708558_4794650995199484025_n.jpg

Intel Core i7-3770
MSi motherboard(mATX)
Kingston 2 x 2gb DDR3 ram
OCZ 600w psu carried over from previous build
EVGA GTX660 2gb SC from previous build
500gb hdd from previous build
Case: Generic case painted in RustOLeum Metallic Speckle BLue(ALmost like R34 GT-R Bayside blue) with gloss white interior. No custom cable management routing done to this one as it is very sturdy.(didn't wanna compromise the semi-tank design lol)
Sunbeam CCFL fan - retired the cathodes.

10562964_702867153101757_2821178540349098826_n.jpg

I hope I gave you some ideas with these :)

Attachments

• 10556336_710138749041264_2361436303862516071_n.jpg
    10556336_710138749041264_2361436303862516071_n.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 32
I'm not particular about a PC or too savvy on details....I just know I want a good graphics card, plenty RAM, and a black case basically. Hopefully everything else just kinda falls into place. I'm more of a laptop person though, so not too focused on PC at the moment.

I think you know more than a lot of people already. Unless you want to game, then you really don't need anything beefy, it can look cool and be really simple too.

I think you know more than a lot of people already. Unless you want to game, then you really don't need anything beefy, it can look cool and be really simple too.

Thanks lol I would use it for general use basically: writing, movies, internet, photos, etc it will be quite some time before I'm ready (and have time) to look into gaming so hopefully by then I'll learn more

Thanks lol I would use it for general use basically: writing, movies, internet, photos, etc it will be quite some time before I'm ready (and have time) to look into gaming so hopefully by then I'll learn more
For gaming just get the higher end stuff on every component that's more or less what you need to game for about 2 years without having issues to Max graphics.
That gives me a thread idea :)

Bruhhh nirtime your system is crazy!!!! Like wow that's a great build bro !

I'm hopefully going to be undertaking a build myself over the vacation , hopefully I can work up some cash to buy a new laptop and some PC parts to build an epic gaming desktop!

Bruhhh nirtime your system is crazy!!!! Like wow that's a great build bro !

I'm hopefully going to be undertaking a build myself over the vacation , hopefully I can work up some cash to buy a new laptop and some PC parts to build an epic gaming desktop!

Be sure to include an SSD in your build, its amazing what an SSD can do to a slow system so imagine a minimal bottleneck situation.

Hahahaha Yesss ofc! SSD is a necessity! I need one in my laptop currently, I have a 1 TB HDD and space to add an SSD , that would bring up my laptop so much in the experience rating...its already at 5.9

I put a 1500 series intel ssd in my ultra book Sunday . Made the world of a difference. It went from frustrating to very usable

Hahahaha wow I wish I could do the same in my laptop! I need a new laptop anyway, my laptop is over 6 years old and still kicking a**

HP dv6T-2300 wrapped in Carbon Fibre Vinyl done by myself
Intel i7 2nd gen
8gigs of corsair vengeance ram
Nvidia Gefore 320M with cuda
1 TB Toshiba HDD

Still going strong but the laptop has a few problems

Battery doesn't work (after 6 years it lasts 2 minutes when not plugged in)
Touchpad flex cable ripped
And most recently the asdfghjkl row of keys including enter, and caps lock stopped working and its spreading to other keys on the keyboard

Laptop beginning to over heat although I just cleaned out the heat sync ,fan and reapplied thermal paste

So Yea I think its time for a new system lol

Lol yeah maybe its time for a new one but hopefully you'll either fix it and sell it or someone will buy it and fix it cause those are very fixable issues.

Hahahaha actually I would love to fix it ,but parts are very hard to find for this laptop, I'll probably fix the keyboard or something and turn it into an integrated desktop ill build a mounting bracket and get a monitor and stuff and mount it up

Then I'll have to work save up and buy a new laptop for school, I need my laptop to get work done lmao

COnsider buying an ultrabook so its more portable for school use. You always need a laptop for school till they tell you they want hard copy hahaha

Hahahaha that's so true eh! Lmao BTW any recommended ultrabooks? Looking for recommendations, if I'm purchasing it by myself its most likely going to be a Chromebook on such short notice...if my parents willing to help, I can flex the budget a bit!

Back