Divali

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
ah hear Dr Keith Rowely having Divali celebration.....like he want to win over some hindus after he insulted us....bad talking indian culture buh he in front row in the Nagar with Kurta an pretending he enjoying the music...wast ah time in hindu functions...Dr Keith Rowley dont come in our cultural programme if u are uncomfortable...go do what u happy doing...

He is the Epitome of racial. I am not a racial person as i have aunts and uncles and cousins that are Indian, African, Dogula and Spanish and i love them all. But this man! Ever hear him talk at a political meeting ? Too many racial slurrs over the years

last nite i went to the Divali Nagar an i didnt get get much sampling an giveaways....it was like a flee market...maggie, nestle, the radio stations booths an blink bmobile together wit a few had giveaways.....the entainment was beautiful....i parked across the highway by the road opposite the site and YES i used the walk over....about a 1/4 mile...its a double z on each side of the road...the lights was beautiful......traffic was a killer so if u guys goin make it early....
Saturday 18th October 2014

6.15pm – 11.00pm

Tandava Tassa Group

Kaizan Shakti Dance Group

Ashna Chotkan (Suriname)

Tri Devi Dance Group

Ravi Jagroop

Chantelle & Rachel Biesray (Jamaica)

Aryanna Ramnath (Monologue)

Sasha Ramnath (Pannist)

COCA COLA YOUTH CHAMP COMPETITION FINALS

Watertech Sargam International Orchestra

hey guys....if u r visiting the Divali Nagar today....the schedule is as follows...
Monday 20th October 2014
6.30pm – 10.30pm
Central Boys Tassa Group
Dubraj Persad
Pratibha Dance Academy
Kiss Natraj Dance Company
Soumya Bose (Odissi Dancer from Bengal, India)
Trishul Indian Orchestra - Featuring Indar Kanhai, Nelisha Mohammed, Nandani Kanhai, Boya Shaffiat Mohammed
Sharda Patasar (Sitarist)
Basdeo Mansaram (Biraha Songs)
Sangeet Music Academy Group - Canada
Rawle Motilal (Pannist)
Under the patronage of the Hon. Prakash Ramadhar, MP and Dr. the Hon. Lincoln Douglas, Minister of the Arts and Multiculturalism

same, we went earlier before it started all the festivities, but i wanna goo back again!!!!!

i need a new kurta suit!! meh belly to big for me to fit in the old one (btw i had the old one since i was 10, so it last me out a long while)

btw for those who don't know im 17 just incase yall wondering if i never grew lmao

Asato maa sad-gamaya (Lead us from Untruth to Truth)
Tamaso maa jyotir-gamaya (From Darkness to Light)
Mrityor-maa-mritan gamaya (From Death to Immortality)
OM shaanti shaanti shaanti (OM peace, peace peace)

my mother used to say this mantra shows us light on the path that we must adopt to reach peace.....so wear ur new clothes and cook sweet and sada food tomorrow and do ur Lakshmi pooja and enjoy the day with ur family and friends...light ur deyas an pray for peace...

The Girlfriend vex at me for not carrying her to the Nagar tonight, really not feeling the vibes in all that traffic and all that people and on top of it all rain falling.

well everybody knows Divali comes once a year....so u must decide weather u wana go or not...its simple...rain is always affiliated to the season...so dont make excuse an blame the weather....this season should be enjoyed...i went to many activities in this month of Kartic...so plz next year ppl..do ur work early and enjoy the season....its a time for family and friends to reflect...
this is what u guys missed out on...
Wednesday 22nd October 2014
6.15pm – 1.00am
Chaguanas Sai Centre
Country Boys Tassa Group
Cross Fire Tassa Group
Nirmala Sesnarayan
Neval Chatelal
Neha Dawar
B-Mobile Shiv Shakti Dance Group
Radha Krishna Dance Group
Prema Shakti Dance Group
Karma The Band - Featuring Nisha Bissambhar & Ravi Bissambhar
Neil Dev Persad (Florida)
Winners – Youth Champ & Dance Contest
Under the Distinguished Patronage of the Honourable Kamla Persad-Bissessar, Prime Minister of The Republic of Trinidad & Tobago
FIREWORKS

Shubh divali may peace prosperity love and happiness be with you and your families I hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful festival of lights! HAPPY DIVALI

today is the the 5th day of Divali.....this day of Divali is called Bhai teeka....It is a day dedicated to sisters and brothers....many moons ago in the Vedic era Yama (Yamraj the Lord of death) visited his sister Yamuna on this day....he gave his sister a Vardhan (a boon) that whosoever visits her on this day shall be liberated from all sins....they will achieve Moksha or final emancipation from then on brothers visit their sisters on this day to enquire of their welfare....today marks the end of the 5 days of Divali celebrations....this is also known as Bhai fota among Bengalis.....Bhai fota is an event especially among Bengalis when the sister prays for her brother's safety success and well being....so if u have a brother or sister plz visit or call each other....no matter u guys may fight and don't agree for some reason....u r still siblings and that can't change.....

thats very true teagnie, i fully agree with what you say! siblings are siblings no matter what!

Back