Children Smoking at a tender age

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Its times like this you have to ask how did i get like this why can't i stop smoking?
Alot of children these days are smoking at a very tender age mainly because
1. Peer pressures
Their are friends are smoking and the person wants to be part of the group and to fit in.
2. The environment
Where he/she lives their are smokers, parents, family community.
3. The media
The media being the radio,tv video games all encourage the use of cigarettes, All of youths people think it would make them look cool, and be all grown up.

We need to stop and show our young people that going down these paths are dangerous and will become deadly habits. Parents need to spend more time with their children teach them right from wrong, if you grown the plant and you let weeds take it over when its grown up and its bend and not straight you can't fix it.
What i'm saying is we can only mold our youths at a tender age to be what you want them to be, if you wait too long they will grow up to be way ward and you will not be about to control them again

I have this cos who started smoking when he was 15 years now he's 17 i tried to talk to him but he's too hooked on it. He told me that he just did it to fit in a group and taught he could have quit anytime but thats not the case again. Smoking from a young age is really bad i can't begin to explain the effects it could have on you, so if you are planing to start smoking don't

just yesterday i saw this girl before i came home, i know her for a week now, shes bout 17 or 18, so we were just chillen, until all of a sudden she pulled a cigarette out of her bag and lit it. I was like, what the fu.. i didn't know you smoke, she was like girl that's something you don't tell anyone, I was like well i realize that.. so i asked her how long she's been doing it, she said since she was about 8.. my eyes nearly popped out! Apparently she's been hanging with 16year old kids when she was that age and it was a trend among their age groups until she was offered to do it and she did and soon enough became hooked, imagine where she would be at least 10 years from now -_-

Smoking is not nice..its addictive and very consuming..when you smoke yes you feel relieved of stress and pressure and you feel numb like everything goes away but you are damaging yourself it have other solutions to your problems. Children i see around me does it because it shows a good impression and it makes you look good..that's what they think but little do they know smoking only affects yourself and when you get sick you want to take it out on others..be above the influence

d kids dat want to hide an smoke just one cigaritte cant buy just one, dey will have to get an entire pk, so tell me mr minister how stupid this is!!! we cant stop dem smokin out there but buyin one is limiting them

thats so stupid. Smoking should be another things taken seriously like alcohol .

Im sure we all know that children at a tender age of 11 to 16 pick up smoking because of peer pressure, the so call role models in the family, and experiment. Sometimes I feel its a genetic thing.... "Father like son and daughter...."

no role models we not lookin for actors nah we want more kids wit family values. strick rules at home an school, kids have to much privilege an dey abuse it!!!

Back