Carnival 2k11 Winners

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Band Of The Year- Mc Farlane

Road March Song - Machel Montano Advantage

Soca Mornach - Machel Montano

Groovy Soca Monarch - Kess With Wotless

Carnival 2k11 was a great experience however the aftermath was filled with criticisms as Mc Farlane argued that :

His complaints centred around the congestion he said his band faced in getting to the Queen's Park Savannah in Port of Spain on Carnival Tuesday. He slammed the organisers for their mismanagement at the Savannah and the congested entry to that judging point.

"With the change in Government, we went back to the Savannah thinking we'd support it and go back, even after I said I was not going to do it. But it has not worked," MacFarlane said.

"I really feel that next year, I will break all the rules. We will present next year, but I don't think I'd attempt a third year in the Savannah. Something has to be done."

He said the waiting time of more than five hours left a lot of his masqueraders tired, and they left the band long before they could reach the final judging point.

MacFarlane reassured the public and his loyal members he would present a band next year but said if things did not change, he would parade through the "clear streets" of Port of Spain and present in an available open space. He said the area along the parade route on Carnival Tuesday was fenced, but that did not contain the throngs of people lining the streets.

"Why spend so much money on fencing and it did not work?" he asked.

The masman also complained about the prize money being offered.

"I don't want $2 million, that amount is ridiculous. But $300,000, $350,000 is insulting," he said.

MacFarlane said chutney has only been "on the scene" for eight to ten years now, and yet it qualified for a $2 million prize while band leaders worked and slaved for a small amount of profit. He said the congestion in the Savannah could be addressed by staggering the days the bands parade and present.

"I think the band leaders should get together and pull numbers to see who presents on what day. I already said I am willing to parade on Monday," he said.

With regard to this year's presentation, Humanity—The Circle of Life, MacFarlane said it was more spiritual and emotional for him than the previous bands.

"I was emotionally moved; the masqueraders were also emotionally moved," he said.

This spiritual presentation did not stop the party at the mas camp last evening.

"Winning always feels great. I just wish there was more competition on the streets," he said.

Hmmmmm i am not suprised by Mac Farlane that he won but oh my his masqueraders and costumes were just stunning. And i can say about Machel is that the king is back and he took most of everything congrats to him

This Carnival 2011 was the worst. Security was lacking and on Colville St, cars were driving through as if they owned the road.

it was so disorganized i heard ..masqueraders had to wait almost 5 hours to go up on stage..guess things nevr change

Back