Boy gets struck by tiny meteorite!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Like something like that tv show "Dead like me" Really good thing he survived if that was me after i recover i would NEVER stop talking about it lol. The odds of stuff like that are... i dont even know :) dude its cool and he survived :) Nice.

wtf now i afraid to go outside lol, thats so rare actually has this ever happened to anyone before?. This is really weird news but frightening as well

yea they gave some stories in the link..,

* On November 30, 1954, Alabama housewife Ann Hodges was taking a nap on her couch when she was awakened by a 3-pound (1.4-kilogram) meteor that crashed through the roof of her house, bounced off a piece of furniture and struck her in the hip, causing a large bruise.

* On October 9, 1992, a large fireball was seen streaking over the eastern United States, finally exploding into many pieces. In Peekskill, New York, one of the pieces struck a Chevrolet automobile owned by Michelle Knapp. Knapp was not in the car at the time.

* On June 21, 1994, Jose Martin of Spain was driving with his wife near Madrid when a 3-pound (1.4-kilogram) meteor crashed through his windshield, bent the steering wheel and ended up in the back seat.

In 2004, a 2,000-pound space rock bigger than a refrigerator exploded in the late-night sky over Chicago, producing a large flash and a sound resembling a detonation that woke people up. Fragments rained down on that wild Chicago night, and many were collected by residents in a northern suburb.

COOL!

i must say, i think something is wrong with u EK lol

Wow talk about hard luck dey, whats the possibility of that happening, it just shows us we are not really safe from destruction

A meteor that scientists estimate weighed 10 tons (11 tons) streaked at supersonic speed over Russia's Ural Mountains on Friday, setting off blasts that injured some 500 people and frightened countless more......The fall caused explosions that broke glass over a wide area....more than 500 people sought treatment after the blasts and that 34 of them were hospitalized......There was panic. People had no idea what was happening. Everyone was going around to people's houses to check if they were OK....
Small pieces of space debris — usually parts of comets or asteroids — that are on a collision course with the Earth are called meteoroids. When meteoroids enter the Earth's atmosphere they are called meteors. Most meteors burn up in the atmosphere, but if they survive the frictional heating and strike the surface of the Earth they are called meteorites.....

I hope the boy is doing fine now. Unfortunately this kind of incident can happen to anyone at any time.

I feel sorry for the boy. It does not happen very often, but like bizarrio said it can happen to anyone.

Back