Blatant Prostitution On Newspapers Classifieds

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

When you look on the Newspapers Classifieds Section there is a weirdo section named "Personals" . The entire country has been seeing ads like " Hot girls needed for Massage " " Adult Services " "Attractive girls needed, must be open minded and good looking" or "Must be able to provide executive services to clients "

Someone please tell me with their right minds , this is prostitution going on ! There have been articles where police have raided residential areas or spas for solicitation and night club sex parties. In Trinidad we have laws against these things but it goes unnoticed. Why are the newspapers even allowing these ads to be placed in public? Are they not screening their clients before posting an add? There have been kidnapping from these things and so many crimes have been going on where people are using ads to lure young women and rape them . Yes i know we cannot prove it but just looking at these ads it screams prostitution spelled out.

Under the Sexual Offences Act:

[FONT=&amp] 22.A person who— (a)keeps or manages or acts or assists in the management of a brothel; or (b)being the tenant, lessee, occupier or person in charge of any premises, knowingly permits the premises or any part thereof to be used as a brothel or for the purposes of prostitution; or[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp](c) being the lessor or landlord of any premises, or the agent of the lessor or landlord, lets the[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]same or any part thereof with the knowledge that the premises or some part thereof are or is[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]to be used as a brothel, or is wilfully a party to the continued use of the premises or any part[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]thereof as a brothel, is guilty of an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]for five years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]PART II[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]SUPPLEMENTAL PROVISIONS[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]23. (1) A person who—(a) knowingly lives wholly or in part on the earnings[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]of prostitution; or (b) in any place solicits for immoral purposes, is guilty of an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for five years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp](2) If it appears to any Magistrate or Justice, by complaint on oath, that there is reason to suspect that any premises is used for purposes of prostitution and that any person residing in or[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]frequenting the premises is living wholly or in part on the earnings of prostitution, the Magistrate or Justice may issue a warrant authorising any constable to enter (if need be by force) and search the premises and to arrest that person.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]UNOFFICIAL VERSION [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]UPDATED TO DECEMBER 31ST 2014[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]MINISTRY OF LEGAL AFFAIRS[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]LAWS OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]16[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Chap. 11:28[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Sexual Offences[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp](3) Where a person is proved to live with or to be habitually in the company of a prostitute, or is proved to have exercised control, direction, or influence over the movements of a[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]prostitute in such a manner as to show that the person is aiding, abetting or compelling the prostitution with any other person or generally that person shall be deemed to be knowingly living on the earnings of prostitution unless the person proves the contrary.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]24. A person who for purposes of gain, exercises control, direction or influence over the movements of a prostitute in a way which shows that the person is aiding, abetting or compelling the prostitution is guilty of an offence and is liable on conviction to[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]imprisonment for five years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]25.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Where in any proceedings for an offence under this Act it is necessary to prove sexual intercourse (whether natural or unnatural) it shall not be necessary to prove the completion of the intercourse by the emission of seed but the intercourse shall be deemed complete upon proof of penetration

[/FONT]

I feel as though no attempt is made to hide the truth behind these things in the ads. Just looking at the photo pretty much reveals what its about. I suppose it's okay because the newspaper just wants their money but anybody in their right mind should not venture to seek any employment from anyone advertising such. It is simply too risky.

Tv6 and the express are one company and are very much known to do anything for money. They will show any advert be it on the papers or on tv even if its suspicious just to make more money.

Ads like that shown in the Op post is nothing new for the Trinidad Express, and its that same ads that lure people to be kidnapped. Prostitution in any form or fashion is a offense and yet the Trinidad Express promotes this.
Good job To the Trinidad Express, you guys will do anything for money without any standards.:argue:

not like they can deny customers who paying for their ads...I think other papers have ads like that also so I guess it's failure on all of them

Lol I think it's could work both ways....why police can't use these ads to their advantage and crack down on them

Yeah it can work both ways, its just a hard thing to do in a corrupted society like ours.

Lol I think it's could work both ways....why police can't use these ads to their advantage and crack down on them

The police could barely keep up with the current crime much less close cases you really think police could stop this?

Then again the police officers are fully aware of these places and are getting bribes to shut their mouths.

the way i had saw it is the newspapers putting well the peoplle who lack a little less common sense at risk but also giving the police info on the numbers to call lol......but you right tho lol is once money passing anything can go on

>#1 Creampie Thill, 10 Adorable Chicas
That doesn't sound like prostitution at all. I'll go for one soon according to the price because I love pies filled with cream. Or am I being mislead?

>#1 Creampie Thill, 10 Adorable Chicas
That doesn't sound like prostitution at all. I'll go for one soon according to the price because I love pies filled with cream. Or am I being mislead?
hahahaha ded ah weakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk but it so blatant cant be mislead tho

Apparently i heard that a very well known "SPA" in Couva hosts night parties where illegal activities occur and police officers also attend. I have some more ads to post up you all will be blown away !

I feel is all over, its just a few we hear/know about really. It's ridiculous to say the least and sometimes people actually don't read the play.

Lmao yes its all over the place...the only real way I can see it stopping is people stop patronizing their businesses which I dont see happening and well for police to crack down

It won't happen nah. Its either we stop the corruption and have a chance of stopping it or continue as is. Sad.

If the Woodbrook police can't (or won't) stomp out the "in your face prostitution soliciting" along Warren street, as in less than 1 minute's WALK from the station, you think them gonna take on ads in the papers??

Even Ian buss a whore house already and nothing change....

Let de people earn they living for me please!

Good point there Sax. Especially about the one minute walk from the station. That more or less answers that.

Back