Best Christmas Food and Drinks

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

What foods and drinks do you look forward to during the holidays? Are there any staples you have to have every year?

I think sorrel and Christmas ham are a big part of Christmas but I actually look more forward to heavily frosted cakes, cupcakes, and cookies. It's the best time of year to dunk a whole box of chocolate chip cookies in a tall glass of milk for breakfast with no shame. Chocolate chip cinnamon rolls and apple pie with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream also suit the holiday theme perfectly.

- Fruit Cake or Black Cake ..SOME KINDA CAKE!
- Non-alcoholic wine
- Baked Turkey - Butterball
- Danish Cookies
- Apple & Grapes
- Friend Rice
- Some kind of Pie e.g macaroni pie, shepherd's pie
- Sorrel
- Sweeties with packaging shaped like stockings

I can't beleve I forgot about fruit cake! I normally ignore unfrosted cakes but when made right, (or by the right people for lazy food lovers like me) fruitcake is the star of the show!

Also candy canes. I can't take them seriously any other month of the year but December. Then all of a sudden I love them with everything.

Whole oven-roasted chicken

For some reason I always think of making bbq chicken with potato salad and a mixed meat fried rice as a Christmas-y/December-y thing but I'm not sure why.

Hot chocolate with whipped cream and spiced beverages.

Homemade gooey caramel on top of everything.

I seem to think December is an excuse to pig out on all things sweet for some reason lol

Cannot forget Eggnog or WAFERS and those strawberry sweeties !

I have never tasted eggnog or punch a creme. New additions: crustless pumpkin pie and vegan coconut ice cream. YUM!

Christmas food in the country side:

- Curry duck
- Curry goat
- Roti
- Deer
- Pork
- Conch
-Manicou
- Agouti

- Curry duck
- Curry goat
- Roti
- Deer
- Pork
- Conch
-Manicou
- Agouti

That sounds like a menu my family would love! I would run from all the curry and the wild meat though lol!

- Curry duck
- Curry goat
- Roti
- Deer
- Pork
- Conch
-Manicou
- Agouti

Trying to get me arrested for them wildmeat lol. Well same as ladydeath posted because she was by me. BTW the wildmeat was not by me eh so don't say the admin endorsing hunting during ban time.

Woahhhh so many of you like this stuff? Well, if TrinMotors ever has a get together remind me to walk with my own stuff lol

My dad tried to trick me into eating horse once. I just chewed it a few times, spit it out, and immediately threw up. When I asked him what it was I threw up again and felt gaggy and nauseous for a few days after. I cannot make myself eat it. I feel bad enough to eat chicken etc. Wild meat would just make me feel like a barbarian. A lot of people in my family are total carnivores though, so I've had plenty opportunity, I just choose not to.

OK wow so for the past 2 days
My family had prepared and eaten

Lasagna
Bake turkey
Bake/Smoked Chicken
Homemade bread
Rice
Pastel

Cooked today was
Calaloo
Rice
Roti
Curry aloo
Curry chicken
Salad
Macaroni salad
And some other stuff im not aware of

So far snacks are
Danish cookies
Fingers (chocolate)
Large bars of chocolate
Assorted nuts
Assorted chocolate and other types of cookies.
And things hiding away in the cupboard!

So far.

I've eaten bread..

My family get everything before me.

This is not a happy Christmas.

Ahahahahahhahahaa nah Bollywood you not eating bread alone. Right? Right?!?!?

My full menu was:

Christmas rice
vegan mashed potatoes
plantains
oven roasted chicken
baked ham with sweet mustard glaze
mixed nuts and fruits
vegan coconut ice cream
wheat-free, dairy-free crustless pumpkin pie
sorrel is waiting to be strained ATM

I originally felt like I wasn't making enough and the menu was too small but it actually ended up working out really well! Except I should have made triple the amount of pumpkin pie! lol

Waw ! Looks like yall had a wonderful Christmas. Half of my family is in US this year so it was roti and curry duck for me. After the new year we will celebrate big

This was the worse thread to read while starving :(

*leaves to go look for food in the kitchen*

OK wow so for the past 2 days
My family had prepared and eaten

Lasagna
Bake turkey
Bake/Smoked Chicken
Homemade bread
Rice
Pastel

Cooked today was
Calaloo
Rice
Roti
Curry aloo
Curry chicken
Salad
Macaroni salad
And some other stuff im not aware of

So far snacks are
Danish cookies
Fingers (chocolate)
Large bars of chocolate
Assorted nuts
Assorted chocolate and other types of cookies.
And things hiding away in the cupboard!

So far.

I've eaten bread..

My family get everything before me.

This is not a happy Christmas.

Thats really unfortunate Mr.Bollywood. It was quite the menu indeed

I only just had time to actually respind to this thread since December.
So here goes:

Over the week of Christmas, my family prepared:
Baked ham, Home made bread, Sponge cake, Fruit cake, curried duck, curried goat, Dhalpouri. The week after was even better with baked babyback pork ribs flavoured with BBQ sauce and some other things which I do not recall.

so weeks after christmas has gone, what ive eaten was

Bread
Lasagna
pastel
roti
aloo
and assorted nuts

all the food done, and i miss out :( it really becoming a task now to secure food for christmas inno, this problem will have to be solved for christmas 2015 for sure!

It's time for plan B , Mr.B. secure food on lock down before Christmas lol

Back