Benz Not For The Rich Anymore

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Very true, when I go on a Japanese used car website which sells internationally, I am amazed to see just how cheap a car thats in immaculate condition with average to low kms can sell for. Its really the taxes and the fees to get the car on the road once here is what kills us. I'm not sure why it needs to be that but it can sometimes exceed the CIF of the car even.

I still feel the biggest problem with importing is that most of the time I won't be able to see my own car before it arrives here, sometimes there are "Missed" details that the seller doesn't reveal or sometimes things you may spot that your contact in the country of sale may also miss.

Oh yeah, thats not the biggest problem. THe biggest problem is that those of us with dreams from the 80s and 90s can't license our dream cars from that era for road use, even if its readily affordable.

I saw the opposite on some websites. There are cars with very high mileage . One of the speculated rumors in trinidad is that RORO importers find a way to reduce the mileage on the vehicles and that's why they sell it for the prices that they do.

What you guys think?

^^^I heard most people say they roll back the mileage of the vechiles and recommend doing a search of the vehicle b4 purchase...... but i believe they do trinis when it comes to making huge profits tend to rip off the un suspecting customers there are a few good ppl out there also all comes down to luck...

Yep i say so too. The cars with lower mileage are generally the higher grade 4/5 auction quality and those sell for more money so i feel the locals bringing in lower tier grade 3s with decent miles on the clock. Its interesting how the mileage always seems to be low on some but stuff is broken or worn from use interior wise like the mirror on the Sun visor or the glove box lid shakes. Then soon after the suspension starts knocking and needs shocks, mounts, etc...

I think youre right but i know there are exceptions sometimes. Also with the way those japs use their cars it's really hard for an untrained eye to tell whats real from whats tampered with cause i have seen some Fielder Wagons with 23k on the clock and believe me the door jambs, interior and underbody are very fresh still. On the other hand ive seen a few Altis with 23-30k on the clock and the owners complain the brakes dont work properly or the steering isnt as sensitive as it should be etc....

^^^ My advice to people is to brand new from the firm if they can afford it or go the route of importing a car their-self in which they travelled to said country they are importing from and choose that vehicle on there own after viewing and seeing the actual mileage and other stuff these local RORO dealers try to cover up

Yes i agree with you that Benz in not for the Rich persons because its too local now a days and mostly people can afford it so its not in the luxurious category.Mercedes needs to be upgrade the Benz to a luxurious level.

Back