Benz Not For The Rich Anymore

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Sky22

LV

Some people may think that Mercedes Benz is a vehicle that only Really Really Reeeally Rich "Upper Class" people can buy.. Looking this year the price of Mercedes range from 250, 000 to 350, 000 TT and i used to think some of the models were so much more priced..Some indeed are such as the A45 AMG. They are available foreign used now for prices low as 200,000TT. I am seeing them very common now on the roads.. My neighbour upon hearing this sold his new Vigo and bought a new A- class with extra money to spare .. Imported cars now are so easily attainable and affordable we can even import one ourselves..Due to this, it is widening the market and now some are able to afford them with
out paying the price of a new one ..

mercedes-benz_sl-class_r231_model_navigation_960x298_12-2011.jpg

*sells house buys d benz have no money for gas lives in a parked car in a parking lot*....

*sits in primera and pretends its ah e class Merc*[emoji26]

LOL... you ever hear when someone buys a Benz they have to buy another "older car" to drive to places the Benz cannot go or might not fit in :/ such as "out de road" , fishing, beach etc etc

*Buys brand new vigo for $280,000... Sells vigo for $250,000 and buys 'FOREIGN USED' benz for $200,000....Spends the extra $50,000 on premium gas for 1 year*.... Woo im a winner right there... :\

Many high end brands getting cheaper to purchase, but more common brands getting expensive. Found a 2012 5fwd axio online and it was coming up to 220k on the road minus insurance.

True! Bess Motors selling them really cheap as well and now even cheaper when you can bring down your own vehicles especially the Euro brands. The local dealers are complaining that they are hardly getting sales but i think its a good thing because they charging to darn expensive. What's the point of buying an overpriced car when you can get it cheaper foreign used smh!

Did anyone see the story in the Express where Sterling commented on the rise in foreign used Mercedes entering the country? They actually claim no loss in sales or rise in competition.

Yes i did..But thats strange though. Many people are buying the foreign used like crazy. Anyone thinks they are lying?

They most likely are, but i think they won't do like toyota and massy and not service the foreign used vehicles. thats very lucrative business if you ask me

TT Cars have euro cars for sale. Mercedes Benz around 160k..If you ask me, i rather stay with my older cars..To many people does be watching

hahhahah certainly benz not for the rich anymore, but what even more amazing is

Nissan Skyline GTR R35 not for the rich anymore either

the official count of new skylines down here is around 36, unofficially is around 44 , these things rolling like almera now!

and the thing is , i have a friend who's mother just bought one, and the thing is, they living in an unfinished house in debt , but yet they want to roll in R35, i go just stay here in my primera and be happy yes

Lol ! Boy the ladies now getting brave.. They no longer want to fit in on the roads . Now they buying big jeeps, suvs and racing cars

hahhahah certainly benz not for the rich anymore, but what even more amazing is

Nissan Skyline GTR R35 not for the rich anymore either

the official count of new skylines down here is around 36, unofficially is around 44 , these things rolling like almera now!

and the thing is , i have a friend who's mother just bought one, and the thing is, they living in an unfinished house in debt , but yet they want to roll in R35, i go just stay here in my primera and be happy yes

the GT-R was meant for everyone .....its was never meant for the rich only........ thats why there are so many of them...aka the poor mans supercar

the GT-R was meant for everyone .....its was never meant for the rich only........ thats why there are so many of them...aka the poor mans supercar
Hence the reason its a "GTC" Gran Turismo Computer. Its too computerized and lacks personality when compared with older models at least for the true metal heads but I get it, it sells better and its better received than the previous models which were generally more "raw" sports cars.

I see what Mr.Bollywood was referring too, I mean, usually people take a loan to buy a decent foreign used car when they building house but if its that their standard of living cannot accommodate something, why go to such unrealistic lengths just to show off, if you know what I mean.

^^^ i understand where yall are coming from lol but most vehicles when we take a look at there US prices they are not bad.......its only here in Trinidad the prices they charge makes things harder lol...so it comes down to priorities , some ppl rather sleep in a nice car than buy a house

^^^ i understand where yall are coming from lol but most vehicles when we take a look at there US prices they are not bad.......its only here in Trinidad the prices they charge makes things harder lol...so it comes down to priorities , some ppl rather sleep in a nice car than buy a house
Some people mix up their priorities depending on what they want to achieve. Some people want to show off others want to live well.

The car prices i will never understand. A new Vigo 3.0G 4wd(fully specced G with power folding mirrors, MID, etc...) in Thailand when converted from Baht to TT costs 195,000ttd. Even if it costs $100,000 to import its still a better deal than TTTL who as ive heard dont actually sell a true fully loaded model.

Look at the price of the Kia Sportage as compared to the usa. It should be running us $26000-28000usd for an SX model, 2l turbo charged 265hp model. Instead we pay in excess of that for the base and EX models and i dont mind if they charge a little bit more due to having to import as im aware import taxes are high but im sure they pay wholesale price and then to charge over $40,000usd for a base model really just seems unfair to me.

Answer to all the questions above = Because we are Third World & Everything Have to be expensive! How are are going to maintain
our poverty if we can afford these cars ! We have to wake up and realize we are getting these prices because All of us are getting robbed! Importers & local dealers making 100% and MORE OUT OF ALL CARS!!! A business is to make profilt and we have to understand that when a Trini see a way of making money , it goes all downhill from there lol.

Cars are very cheap to import now if you bring them down yourself! However, most banks do not give financial support to vehicles they cannot physically see as yet until it reaches our shores.

I have no problem with people going through the dealer...it is our high class for some vehicles are basic for other countries...bess ppl import and get smarter

Back