Banks and their interest rates

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
I'm really upset to know that this day and age, we are hit will low interest from banks and credit unions,
About 4-5 years ago interest rates were around 9-15% now its less than 6%
They are making all the money and we as the customers just hoping that we could get a little more. What you guys think?

Re: Banks and thier interest rates

Oh lol for a second there i thought those were lending interest rates... I think we banks feeling the pinch too, we mostly have small banks here so they're relatively safe but that doesn't mean they're not affected by the economic slowdown. I dont know whether or not those rates are justified but i would've expected some decrease in the gain from the investments we make. As long as inflation continues money is going have lesser and lesser values, and investment that deal only in money will devalue just as much as the interest accumilates. We need to invest in things that retain thier value, world currency in general isn't all that stable anymore.

Banks only saying they are making profit every year but still they claim that due to the countries inflation and economy that why the interest rate is so, But they making 200 million plus every year.

It is not surprising really, these banks are often run by very greedy people.

They will obviously try to make as much profits as possible.

Banks obviously do not worry about anyone else except for themselves.

Banks are businesses, their primary objective is to make money.

Back