Ban For carnival In Trinidad & Tobago for the year 2015 ? ebola

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Should Carnival Be Ban in 2015?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't Know!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
Do you think they should ban carnival In Trinidad & Tobago for the year 2015 ?

Alot of the Carnival Sponsors and promoters are looking to have dialogue with Band promoters on they views on a possible ban to carnival In Trinidad & Tobago for the year 2015 ?. This has become necessary because of the ebola virus could possible be mass spread with human on human contact and the mass influx of Tourist to this country during the carnival season.

So what are your views on this? Should this be ban Vote now.

10698591_826657350720192_1921862346285626245_n.jpg

I totally agree.

We here in T&T are not ready if that virus was to reach. There is a lack of man power, resources and health services. With he influx of tourists for the carnival season, this drastically increases the likelihood of the fatal virus reaching our shores. Ebola is not like Chikungunya or Dengue that will go away after a week or so. It is fatal.

The virus can very well reach here before or after carnival season by any contaminated individual, but we will be indefinitely exposing ourselves as a nation by allowing the heavy human traffic into our country at carnival time. We do not have the necessary resources to quarantine thousands of tourists if necessary. Even if resources are available and up to date, what will we do with all these people? Quarantine them until they die? There isn't a cure for Ebola.

I agree also.

Trinidad is not prepared for any epidemic... Last I heard they said they would treat patients till they recover or die then burn everything used to handle said patient....not really a feasible plan IMO because it barely have beds in SFGH or POSGH.

Alot of Trinidadians would be against this because we only like fete....and if thats our way of thinking well i really dont want to know how things would work now na. In SFGH we treat a TB ( Tuberculosis) patient by just pulling the screen around them and if that person is discharge they cont sterile the beds could we dont have that kinda of equipments. They dont make any inquires as to who the person was in contact with. And the health minister is saying we are 70% ready i wonder if he coming to screen them patients.

And then he want caura hospital to be a quarantine area, In the 1st place i wonder if they are screening passengers at the airports. Because like the man that lied and said he did not went to Africa and then come to USA, infected people and then died, people would also lie and infect others.

10665192_802410396466982_7745526630664942768_n.jpg

keep them out meh say i wanna live longgggggggggg cause lord know we aint ready and where i wukking they will tell some nonsense bout "you are essential services" not me nahhhhhhhhhi am the first one to stay home and away from this

If ebola comes to Trini, majority of the population are going to die. For Carnival my family and I are going to rent a beach house or stay home. I rather be safe than sorry. Things can happen within a heatbeat and i cherish my life more than 48 hours of partying.

Drastic times call for drastic measures. This is one we need to adopt. Cancel Carnival until this Ebola is controlled or a remedy is available.

Did you know in Ebola was responsible for wiping out a good bit of population long ago when it was rampant? Some of my work colleagues who travel the world are telling me that they are rethinking having kids because of Ebola. It's serious out there! Next case in USA have sprung up already!

Ebola has reached London shores. Man used public restroom before admitting into a hospital Emergency room so hmmm...I don't know why proper screening is not taking place for these people who are entering into countries.

Are you serious LadyDeath??? Wow that's scary.

Today I heard of a suspected ebola case in Trinidad. A man traveling from Lebanon to France, came to Trinidad and then went to Canada.

He showed all symptoms of the Ebola virus and had to be quarantined in the within the airport!

Not sure how true it is but still scary nonetheless

Back