Bad Car Battery? Know The Signs

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

[FONT=&quot] Battery Light[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Examine your dashboard warning lights. Most cars have a light indicating that the battery is faulty or going bad. If your battery is on its last vestiges of life, the dashboard battery indicator light may be on or flashing. While the battery warning light is not always indicative of a dying battery, it does appear at the first signs of a problem with the battery and should be examined by a mechanic when possible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Electrical Issues[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Keep an eye on the electrical systems of your car, including the headlights, radio, fuel injection system and heating or air conditioning. When a battery is going dead, all of these things lessen in function while the car is running. The more electrical items that are running, the harder it will be to start the car and keep it running. If your radio still turns on but the car doesn't, you may need to recharge or replace your car battery.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Car Won't Start[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]If your car doesn't start or has trouble starting, the battery may be going bad. When you turn the key in an attempt to start the car, you might hear a noise that sounds like clicking or ticking. This is a strong indicator that your battery, and not the car's starter or alternator, are the problem. Try starting the car with the assistance of jumper cables. If it still doesn't start, the problem is most likely the battery.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Time Span[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Be aware of the life span of your car's battery. Most car batteries last from two to five years, with some greatly exceeding this expectation. If you have had the same battery for more than five years and your car exhibits the symptoms listed above, your car's battery may be on its last leg. Have the battery tested by a mechanic or auto parts store to see if the battery is still viable. Alternately, cars that have been sitting for quite some time may also have a faulty battery. Not turning on the car or using the battery greatly decreases its life span. [/FONT]

How many of us overlook the fact that our vehicles have an electrical system run by a 12 volt battery? How often do we check on it? I did today after my car gave me a very dead start this morning. As it turns out, 5 out of the 6 plates/cells were almost dry. So I topped up the cells ( I recommend doing that while the engine is running ) with some battery water and all is well again. Took one and a half bottles to get me back up to mark. I would recommend checking at least once a month.

True.. My cousin checks his one every two weeks infact, especially if you make long runs every day

never checked my battery, kinda of naivesince i bought a new battery like 4 months ago. But most likely tomorrow i will check the water reading.

never checked my battery, kinda of naivesince i bought a new battery like 4 months ago. But most likely tomorrow i will check the water reading.

I use Bosch S4 Maintenance free... 4 years and counting.... Never even watched the colour of the gel. lol.

I use Bosch S4 Maintenance free... 4 years and counting.... Never even watched the colour of the gel. lol.

4 yrs wow......my batteries always go through in about a yr and a half sigh.......probably due to me forgetting playing with something in d car an come and meet it dead lol:crutch:

4 yrs wow......my batteries always go through in about a yr and a half sigh.......probably due to me forgetting playing with something in d car an come and meet it dead lol:crutch:

I used to kill the battery in the Altis, I had to recharge it externally about 3 times over the few months I used the car lol. Battery still lasted and I'm sure it still works lol.

I see the Bosch working good for you nirtime.
I have heard from bad reviews from some close associates about those Bosch sealed maintenance free batteries

I see the Bosch working good for you nirtime.
I have heard from bad reviews from some close associates about those Bosch sealed maintenance free batteries

Have first hand experience with 3 of these batteries. Absolutely no problems. Still have one of the three since the other two were sold with the cars.

Have first hand experience with 3 of these batteries. Absolutely no problems. Still have one of the three since the other two were sold with the cars.

Good to hear. I know they offer good warranty.
I was about to purchase one when some fellow Mitsu owners told me about their bad experiences. Don't know if it is a problem with the vehicle model itself.

Good to hear. I know they offer good warranty.
I was about to purchase one when some fellow Mitsu owners told me about their bad experiences. Don't know if it is a problem with the vehicle model itself.

Like all batteries there will be the problematic ones. Your mileage may vary.
Don't know if its vehicle related but I don't see what's different with the Mitsubishi to cause any odd issues.

I don't even bother with the warranty or check the indicator on the battery and its been great and trouble free starting the 2.7 for lots of miles and about 3-4 years.

Last edited:
Back