Audi Parts - Original vs Aftermarket

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

MangaAddict

LV

I own a Audi A4 2000 model. Lately it has been calling for parts and I'm debating whether to buy original, at a much higher cost or just buy aftermarket. I've tried foreign used, buy I have another problem. My car's the 1.6 model and everyone seems to have parts for the 1.8. Will those parts work in my car? Does anyone know where sells Audi parts at a reasonable price?

They have alot over ebay and amazon where i get everything for my VW Bora Mk4 and the prices are cheap..The reason why is because i get to see the reviews of people that also bought it.. Try comparing prices from local dealers such as ERM Automotive in Ramsarran St Chaguanas to Amazon or Ebay prices and see where's cheaper

true ebay is cheaper but talking from experience 9/10 times the parts are veryyyy faulty, i bought some upgrades for my Nissan from ebay, and it was cheaper , however it was a bit faulty although it was advertised as authentic from the manufacturer , however i know some places in Mucurapo road that sells original euro parts, i think they might be a good bit expensive however, theres also a place in charlieville that really sells genuine cheap euro parts! i'll get some more info from my uncle for you!

Thanks Sky22, just yesterday a guy told me about ERM, I'll definitely check them out. As Mr. Bollywood said, I'm really skeptical about buying parts through Amazon and Ebay, I know some people who do it, but I'm afraid to risk it. Mr. B, if you can get the contact from Charlieville, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

I do buy alot of car parts from amazon but not ebay, for Amazon you need to look at the reviews and the ratings before you make a purchase.

Okay, I'll check it again, but my biggest issue is that my car's a 1.6L and I haven't been able to find parts for that model. I only get 1.8L and I've heard that the parts have slight differences..

well the slight differences shouldn't matter because the 1.8L is a bigger model , most of the parts would be upscaled to handle the extra power i think. so if you put the 1.8L parts in the 1.6L it should work, right now i have a waterpump on my sr20DE that came from the sr20DET model , it had a slight bolt difference but it fit perfectly after we silicone it up!

just make sure everything could bolt up properly and once it have enough room to fit in, mcguyver your way through it! :lol:

okay, it depends on what parts u looking around for foreign used..? 1.8t engine parts wont work
i buy all my Audi parts in Freeport...all foreign used, any part u want, prices are really great
will send u a contact !

RussellGold said:
okay, it depends on what parts u looking around for foreign used..? 1.8t engine parts wont work
i buy all my Audi parts in Freeport...all foreign used, any part u want, prices are really great
will send u a contact !

Do they sell VW parts as well ? If they do can u send me the contact as well..Thanks in advance man

RussellGold said:
will send u a contact !

Thanks bro, please do that. I need some stuff asap!

I think aftermarket prices are better especially for our older model Euros. I bought new original front disc pads for $500 by ERM and on ebay selling them for a wayy cheaper price.

yes u can get audi original parts for the 1.6.2000 audi a4.what part are u looking for.

Thanks Sky22, just yesterday a guy told me about ERM, I'll definitely check them out. As Mr. Bollywood said, I'm really skeptical about buying parts through Amazon and Ebay, I know some people who do it, but I'm afraid to risk it. Mr. B, if you can get the contact from Charlieville, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

WHen purchasing from Amazon and Ebay be careful and read reviews and see the seller's feedback rating. My dad has bought several replacement parts for cars over the years from the web and they have worked without fault.

"Upgrade parts" as Mr.Bollywood were talking about which were even cheaper than the oem replacements, those I think would be obvious to stay clear off as it just doesn't ever seem right.

I think eBay is good to buy parts for your Audi and its on a manageable price give you parts with good quality.So you can use it in your car for a perfect drive.

Back