Attitude of Toyota Sales Rep

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

V2nr 3.0

LV

Today I went to test drive the Toyota 3.0 Manual vehicle. I called the sales representative at 8am requesting that a manual version be available for a test drive at 12noon. He said ?no problem, come through?. When I arrived at the location, I was told that there were no manual versions available. I was disappointed to begin with since this is the vehicle I wanted to drive. I?m talking to the Toyota Representative and asking what free-bees I will be getting with the van ? to which he replies ?When you go Hi-Lo to buy a bag of rice for $10 do you ask them to sell you it for $6?? I was shocked, felt as though I was begging for a van, is this the attitude of a Toyota sales person ?

The thing is the attitude continued all into the test drive. I already have the monies in order but - Toyota you fail and fail big time. You need to understand the art of customer service. You can have an excellent product, but if you lack the professionalism - Im sorry - you are not going to survive. I will not call the name of the sales person nor the location, but it is absolutely disgusting. I have always been a Toyota person and own 3 others before this.......

Do you have his or her name? if you do, you should report the person. That was very poor of the reps at Toyota and especially how you made an appointment to test drive the manual hilux and the fail to deliver.

admin said:
Do you have his or her name? if you do, you should report the person. That was very poor of the reps at Toyota and especially how you made an appointment to test drive the manual hilux and the fail to deliver.

I do have all of the information, but my style is not to report. I would simply walk away and they can never get my business. I am checking the Ford company in the morning.

They had the audacity to say that wtf!? Man, i would of asked to speak to the manager if that was me or put him in is place ..People like those don't deserve to be given jobs if they cannot properly talk or persuade a customer into buying a vehicle. I really don't give a shit if he was having a bad day, but it was uncalled for .

People Toyota still has bad service. Family went in September 2014 to test drive the 2.0 RAV4, sales rep talking like sugar, yes he will get reverse sensors installed the "fully loaded" doesn't come with it, yes he will do this, that etc...

End of the day when he was told to send a quote as we were going to purchase an XA40, the sales rep never sent the quote and never responded to any emails. Ended up having to deal with a previous sales rep who had much better service.

Got the vehicle, it had a stone chip on the bonnet that I caught with my sharp eye that apparently managed to slip through the detailing phase and final inspection. The 4 doors had scratches on the silver trim lining the interior handles, plastic was ripped off the seat already, had 96kms on it and it took them a long time to actually call us back to get the bonnet repainted.

They took maybe a month or two to get the spare key so fortunately we are technologically inclined because this was our first vehicle with smart key. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if the key ended up locked inside the vehicle without the spare.

Oh and did I mention it COMES with PARKING SENSORS that the rep DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT LOL?

Apparently a service by them means give them your money to keep your waste of time warranty because they wash the vehicle and idk how they cleaned the already perfectly clean engine, there were hard water spots all over where the engine was previously minty fresh.

Prior to all of this, in 2008 we purchased a 2.7 sr5 4wd Hilux Gasoline from Toyota and they left a scratch on the aftermarket $3500 body cladding after servicing, left grease on the lovely beige steering colour and the spotless beige roof liner. It took complaints to get that all sorted out.

Let's also not forget the outgoing Mk6 and Mk7 Hilux spec sheet said "Locking Differential" when this was a lie. The SR5 models came with a Limited Slip Differential which they mislabelled as a Locking Diff... A locking diff allows the differential to be locked up by the driver for off road use where as an LSD automatically locks up itself in loose traction areas.

So between Toyota and Southern Sales, I don't know who has worse service.

I do have all of the information, but my style is not to report. I would simply walk away and they can never get my business. I am checking the Ford company in the morning.

NO, you need to rub it in. Report it AND tell them you going by Ford with yuh money... and to haul dey..... too

a loss of over $100k in potential income should be a serious matter for them

NO, you need to rub it in. Report it AND tell them you going by Ford with yuh money... and to haul dey..... too

a loss of over $100k in potential income should be a serious matter for them

He made a stress free choice by going to Ford but I agree with you, thats a serious matter.

Lol but ppl down here like that.. Toyota's only selling because of their name down here last long personally I won't rush to buy a Toyota have other oems selling equally good vehicles...but trinis need to not take that bs service from them and make out the rep when they in the company

Lol but ppl down here like that.. Toyota's only selling because of their name down here last long personally I won't rush to buy a Toyota have other oems selling equally good vehicles...but trinis need to not take that bs service from them and make out the rep when they in the company

Agreed. Toyota is far too expensive in Trinidad when other oems like Kia offer better value for the $$... Chevy as well. Will faster recommend a Colorado than a Revo for the price as im sure the Revo isnt going to be any cheaper than the vigo.

Doh talk about the Corolla... Well now.

hahaha the corolla needs a new design and now yes the ones we have as current is a pain on the eyes lol other people like it tho

Last 4 months i have requested for a quote and up to now no one has contacted me yet. Apparently i maybe too poor to get a quote.

Amazing that Chevrolet & Suzuki have called within the same day of requesting for a quote and have provided me with all the details needed. Toyota would not be getting any sale from me ever!

Last 4 months i have requested for a quote and up to now no one has contacted me yet. Apparently i maybe too poor to get a quote.

Amazing that Chevrolet & Suzuki have called within the same day of requesting for a quote and have provided me with all the details needed. Toyota would not be getting any sale from me ever!

The reps obviously don't care. But don't get fooled with LifeStyle, they have some pretty bad service too. Some of their reps are very racist, others are argumentative and its just that a lot of people endure the bad service to get a vehicle they want within their price range.

Hmm well both my Sister in Law and I got good service from two different reps from Lifestyle Motors. They even wanted to bring the cars down by me to do a test drive because i was busy lol. Kudos to them and shame on Toyota. Maybe my name not sounding rich enough

Hmm well both my Sister in Law and I got good service from two different reps from Lifestyle Motors. They even wanted to bring the cars down by me to do a test drive because i was busy lol. Kudos to them and shame on Toyota. Maybe my name not sounding rich enough

I think it really does vary depending on the rep then. Toyota also offered that service to us previously as well so I suppose its who you deal with. Fortunately we have a rep that gives us good service there because I cannot imagine getting bad service from a dealership rep, that will be quite a show I will perform xD.

Amyone got bad service from Ford or Massy?

I fraid to ask them lol..you know Massy and their customer service reputation lol

Asked for a quotation from Toyota a couple years back via their "request a quote" feature on the website. Called in and the rep didn't even know the website had that feature. The rep I was talking to was real stingy with information and wanted me to come into the show room to get information. Mind you the only information the rep has was the price. After begging for a price and realising that the rep didn't even know what engine size or mileage rating the car had I just gave up. Sad thing is if they were helpful I wudda most likely organised financing and bought the car from them within the week.

After all that runaround I say it makes no sense paying all that extra for a new car with no after sales service so I just went foreign used instead. I told myself I'll actively avoid them in the future after that crap. When I called diamond motors though they gave me quotations with different financing options one time so they were pretty good. I would not have minded going with them. I remember calling Ford as well and they seemed decent.

Toyota selling too much new car so the attitude up there with these reps.

When it comes to a new car my preference is to never go back for service because they do a lot of stupidness and honestly I think theres not much chances the warranty will matter because you paying for the service anyway.

Only time I heard warranty matters is when a few Sportage SXs had blown engines brand new and the VW Amarok had engine trouble as well. Other than that I never really hear about issues warranty wise.

Unless it come with a dealer installed "free" alarm well then it makes a big difference.

it's best to walk in and hear the quaotes yes that website is even more failure lol requested a quote since 2013 and salt till now so...I not even going through that with them again

Having to walk in to get basic information kind of defeats the purpose of having a website though.

Back