ATTAF Fishermen?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

-Kevin-

LV

Anyone on the site into fishing?... Post some of your catches... Give advice on rods/reels/lines/bait and sinkers.... Lets discuss...

I just bought an Ugly Stik BWD1101 8.3Ft rod and Shakespeare reel.... 40lb line and 2OZ sinkers with some J hooks.... Heading down the islands tomorrow to see what i can catch... Has anyone ever been on a boat to fish?!... What type of bait is good to use when deep sea fishing?....

The owner of the boat said that mullet, fresh shrimp and bonito make great bait... The bonito is a bloody meaty fish and they hold extremely well on the hooks without falling out... What you guys think??...

My father's biggest hobby is fishing. He goes all over Trinidad, looking for the best spots to fish. Down the Islands is the place to be if you want to catch red fish, tarpon, salmon, tuna etc. etc. and you don't have to wait long at all for you to pull up a big one. If you are going to fish DDDI. Bonito, Shrimp, Squid are all great. Will post up some pics when i get time

10hvat1.jpg

Went down the islands yesterday... Caught about 30 reds... 2 salmon and 1 grouper.... Ugly stik prevails!... :cool:

Btw... If you guys wanna make a trip a day we can put up and hire a boat.... I have a contact for a boat down (brickfield/felecity not sure)... They charge $700... Up to 10 adults can go... (Boat isnt big)... They usually come back with some nice tarpon/carite/boshay/reds and sometimes stingray...

Most likely going tomorrow or Sunday with my Intended father in law unless he's not busy. Btw way roach how much hours do you get with 700TT?.

You want to go Sunday, I will confirm by Saturday. I believe that my father in law knows someone already but i don't know how much he is charging.

Received my package yesterday i bought
Penn Pursuit II 7000-2 Piece Spinning Combo, 9-Feet/Heavy
Graphite composite blank
Graphite reel seats
EVA grips (split EVA grips on surf models)
Lightweight and corrosion-resistant graphite body
Techno-Balanced rotor gives smooth retrieves

I'm ready for the critters
61jRQNzROsL._SL1500_.jpg

Nice rod... How much did it cost?... I paid $650 for my Ugly Stik BWD 1011 8.3Ft and Shakespeare Contender reel...

It cost around 670Tt in total to bring down and clear, i could not pass up this deal. Still waiting to try it out since my intended father - in -law to busy these days hmmm.

Organise a day nah... We could head down Chaguramas and test our rods... Tuesday/Wednesday...

I off Thursday and Friday so we could do it those days this week. @v2nr3.0 why only 4 hours ?

We will be doing some shore fishing buddy no need to worry about time... Ryan we could go Thursday around 3:30PM - 4:00PM till later in the night?... Im finishing work @ 3:00PM on thursday...

Btw if you home tomorrow check me up Harrys i going and throw some line up there and see what i catch...

I working tomorrow sorry, i will call you up about Thursday. I really need to some recreational time for my self, getting stressed out too often and i need some time to chill.

Im heading out on a boat from Brickfield on monday... Im aiming for some sea conch and maybe a few fish... Will post pics if we catch anything... :)

Back