Animal Cruelty

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Well i know this has been going on "Donkey Years" Now but I AM GETTING FEDUP OF HOW ANIMALS ARE BEING TREATED IN THIS COUNTRY...I Dont Need To Explain Why Cuz Everyone Knows...Dunno Where to start here..i hav seen many cases where animals have been mistreated by their owners and other people but today as i was going fishing with my daddy we stopped on the way to buy food to eat, a young boy who was working there as a security guard had a cute Greman Shepherd and you know how he was looking?? where he was?? Well he was skinny and fatigue and pale and scared from all kinda incidents the dog was so starving and he was tied to a pole with a ripped colar...we was barking to the security guard in this hopeless tone and the security guard was like "What the f*** u barking at, why u doh hush yuh f****** a** mouth, ah go kill yuh eh kno if you doh shut yuh a** and he walked up to the dog and kicked him.

I am an animal lover, i hav a passion for animals especially dogs my dream is to be a veternarian and to work in an ASPCA. I really hate this i know Trinidad is NOT LIKE AMERICA And we don't have a Big GOVERNMENT To support or faise funds to help these animals but everyday i feel sorry seeing them beated, REHABILITATED INTO WAR BEASTS FOR ILLEGAL DOG FIGHTING, No food, Starving, Malnutritious, Dehydrated, Strayed...etc THEY ARE JUST LIKE HUMANS WITH THE SAME FEELINGS..
Imagine if you were a dog wud you like someone to do u that? I Treat my Pets like the world give them enough food, love , attention and to see these things happenin its not right..Do you like to see stray dogs on the road, by the market, on the beach lonely with no homes eating scrumps of the floor, around eveywhere???????

Trinidad Have A Pound and an ASPCA ( Something like a Police Force to help and fight agains rights of animals, to help them,keep them in a safe place with food and shelter and sign them up for adoption) so the question is why did we never hear about this??? I Know the first thing if people keep COMPLAINING ABOUT THIS THEY WOULD SAY THAT CRIME IS SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT TO STUDY ABOUT...If we study the little things first maybe we can make a change.

Yeah the animal society does have a colum in the sunday newsday showing how to take care of animals. Animal cruelty is just another manifestation of evil. There is no difference between that and cruelty to other people. Why people does have pets like that if they know they cant take care of it. It's almost like they know they cant do it to people and get away they take it out on animals because they think noone would notice. Well people do notice, and care.

Im also a animal lover but mainly dogs.... I recently attended a dog show in Angostura Grounds and was amazed of the intelligence of these animals but i was even more disturb of how these owners treat their animals.... They would talk about how they beat them like real bad if they don't obey... strave them.... cage them without food non water for days... and even put them to sleep if they are not a good breed of dog.... I think the association against animal cruelty should visit these owners just to see how the animals are talen care off...

But you know how trini people are They really dont care abt them..there are some veternarian eg. Animal Hospital In Montrose who dont even have enough equipment to take care of animals of give them proper treatment....hope for animals is really vague in Trinidad right now i dunno when people wud wake up and realize they are just like us they have feelings and also will react the same way to how u treat them
I Does watch A Dog Whisperer Show On NGC and i realized that HOW YOUR PETS ARE EG. FEROCIOUS OR SCARED THEY GOT LIKE THAT BECAUSE OF HOW U TREATED THEM AND THE ENVIRONMENT THEY GROW UP IN SO LOOK BACK AT YOUR PETS AND ASK UR SELF WHAT DID YOU DO WRONG!

Stray dogs are taking over the sidewalks in San Fernando. They have been sleeping outside stores and, during the nights, they feast on leftover fast food dumped in the garbage, littering the streets.

The increase in stray dogs has been posing a major clean-up problem for the City Corporation, which is responsible for removing them to the dog pound on a daily basis. The problem has been so overwhelming that last year the San Fernando City Corporation advertised for dog catchers.

A canine control officer (dog catcher) at the dog pound said yesterday that the number of stray dogs in the city had increased by almost 100 per cent over the past year.

Previously, two dog catchers and a driver worked to control the stray dog menace, but it was proving to be too much for them. He said eight to 12 dogs were captured every day.

"We have an increased staff now, so we are getting more done. But our hands are still full," he said.

The officer said the dogs that became strays were mainly dropped off at King's Wharf, San Fernando, by people who did not

want them.

He said the dogs roam the streets, urinating on glass panes along the way and causing a mess on the streets. "These dogs are becoming unbearable. We are working overtime to get rid of them, but it seems as though there is no end to this epidemic. If people don't want any more dogs then spay or neuter them," he said.

Street dogs caught are kept in an enclosure at Paradise Cemetery.

"Those that remain unclaimed are put to sleep by a lethal injection. We have a vet coming in two days a week and injecting the dogs. Sometimes we put down a dozen dogs at one time," the dog catcher said.

The problem has grown into a national epidemic, Trinidad and Tobago Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals general administrator Sarah Maynard-Agostini told the Express.

She said the organisation took in close to 8,000 strays in Port of Spain alone last year-about 1,000 more than the previous year.

"It has become terrible and it is not being dealt with by the Government," she said.

Maynard-Agostini said the T&TSPCA has been working on a programme with the Animal Welfare Network to educate pet owners on spaying and neutering the animals.

"The problem is that these animals are breeding and the owners are dumping them. They are surviving because we have so much fast food now and the dogs are eating from the garbage," she said.

Maynard-Agostini said several regional corporations capture the dogs and drop them off at T&TSPCA. She said six to ten dogs were dropped off every day.

Sita Kuruvilla, of the Animal Welfare Network, said many pet owners could not afford to spay or neuter their dogs. She said the price ranges from $350 to $550 depending on the size and breed of the animal.

Kuruvilla said the Network has been working with pet owners, providing transport and in some cases subsidising the cost of spaying the animals. "We also have a spay week every year where we subsidise the cost to $100. Last year 450 dogs were spayed during the spay week," she said.

Kathryn Cleghorn, president of Animal Alive, pleaded with pet owners to act more responsibly. "If these owners act more responsibly we would not have so many animals on the roads. Dogs have three litters a year and if you know you don't want them then spay your dogs," she said.

Cleghorn said her organisation has been searching for a sanctuary in San Fernando for stray dogs.

"I collected 13 dogs from the streets which I care for at my home. We have a vet which assists us and gives us discounted prices to attend to the dogs. And we also have packages for people who have a lot of dogs and needs assistance," she said.

For almost two weeks, Cleghorn has been searching for one of the dogs she rescued. Her white male pompek, Brain, went missing from her home at Mootoo Lands, Marabella.

Cleghorn said Brain, a one-eyed dog, became afraid of the loud thunder and ran away. She has posted flyers throughout her community, but no one has seen Brain.

Cleghorn said she rescued Brain from the streets seven years ago. "Brain was in a terrible state and I took him to the vet and got him fixed," she said.

If this is such a national epidemic, they should have the spaying done more often rather than one per year...

True Once A Year Only Helps By 2.5% for the most too how many puppies are born in one year

i saw dis commercial, no matter what im doin i alwayz end up crying, its so sad, but yes im tryin 2 do my part wit d animal cruelty. deer were dese 2 dogs nex door an dey've been on deer chains from since i moved deer even in d winter time, its been really sad i nvr saw dem off deer chains, so i told my teacher and asked what i cood do and she gave me dis # to d animal cops ppl and dey went over to investigate, dey noticed dat d dogs were malnourished and deer were wounds around d neck from where d chains were cuttin into deer skin an was infected so d ppl confessed an dey were arrested an d puppies were taken 2 d vets, :) i hope deer happy now

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_JqNdp2As[/youtube]

like up caura river lol, i spell that very wrong but ya. it have likie a mil stray dogs up there. ppl go up there to release there dog wen they dont want em no more. poor dogs. thats y i like kats

but ppl put kitties in a box n drop em in d ocean!!! ;(

We recently got a German Shepherd dog to addd to the family but gosh, this dog was so slim, her skin was dark. her hair was thin and discolured..... We still took the dog and we are trying to build her back up but it will take some time.... It goes to show you when a dog reaches a certain age and looks , the owners get rid off it....

Remember people saying animals or a dogs resembles their owners well the previous owners maybe look like that or maybe the way they treated the animal full of neglect.
When you own an pet its not to neglect them but to love them take care of them.

I can clearly see how you (admin) and Tenchu resemble each other.....

Lol me too like : Wild, Like To Jump On People, Like Roti,Etc Lol

i tried kallin d animal hotline 4 dis kitty an d lady gave me a # 2 report it an i kalled d # but it was 2 find businesses, poor kitty :( he was droolin cuz he had a scab around his mouth n he look sick an if its a she i think shes pregnant!

hmmmm hv u all been 2 d zoo lately, dey dont feed the animals regularly, dey dont get fresh water not do they clean their cages tell me d only zoo we have n this is how dey are kept dat is animal cruelty

The zoo suppose to be the one to set examples against animal cruelty.... Guess they low on funds?

along d brasso main rd ppl droped off 2 female dogs and u kno d dogs still there awaiting their master, but wat ah mad about is that there's no houses where d dogies are it only bush so tell me if d dogs could go an buy goods an cook wen dey hungry!!!

Back