Android Lollipop Problems

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

I never wanted to upgrade my phone to this nonsense new upgrade but i had no choice since the reminder always coming up to update the Andriod software on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

Since the upgrade my phone has been giving alot of problems and glitches such as :

1. My phone volume is set at a defult of the 2nd volume and does not want to go up! I have tried all the hacks over the internet to get my ringtone volume to stay on maximuim and it keeps going back down. Now i cannot even tell when my phone is ringing.

2. My apps are sticking . Nearly all my apps when opened are sticking and now i does have to force close them. Especially facebook. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it freezes almost always.

3. Sometimes when i answer the phone, the other person on the phone cannot hear me. They call back countless times but my phone just doesn't budge. Sometimes it works when i turn off the Noise Cancellation and put it back on. Any ideas for this one?

It's not just me , but alot of people have been giving this version bad reviews. Has anyone experience anything like this with the lollipop software?

Try doing a backup and a factory reset. Sometimes after an update Androids give weird issues.

I have never encountered issues with Lollipop on any of the devices I have either had with them or used with them installed. That is definitely not normal but its expected of Samsung imho.

Something that all samsung owner has to be aware off is that samsung customizes the stock android firmware, so any problems that you maybe occur it can be solely because of Samsung.
My Motox recently updated to Android Lollipop 5.1 and yes motorola customizes the stock firmware version of it as well but so far everything works and looks super better.
So i'm certain its samsung's fault.

yea samsung is therapy when they ready as nirtime say back up and factory reset and run the phone like it was a new phone sort as break in the battery so the software will re learn your habits and usage pattern

Alright i will try that but first i need help to back up my phone and save all my stuff.
I really hate what is happening since i getting quarrel from people for not answering my phone. It's a pain!

Help :brick:

Alright i will try that but first i need help to back up my phone and save all my stuff.
I really hate what is happening since i getting quarrel from people for not answering my phone. It's a pain!

Help :brick:

Copy all photo/video media to your computer's hard drive by simply locating the folders after connecting the phone via usb.

You can backup your contacts either to your email account or go in contacts, import/export and export to usb storage, this can then be located on the root of your phone or if you exported to usb storage 1 it will be found on the memory card. You can store the generated file which is usually a .vcf file with a name like 001.vcf in a safe place.

Apps wise, you really shouldn't be saving old app settings but if you really don't want to lose your progress in a game or lose a complicated configuration, you can use an app called Helium from the Playstore to back app configuration.

Phone log and message wise, there should be apps, maybe someone else who has done it can chime in.

lol i not to sure myself think she should be able to back up everything using her account and google drive for pics or manually export them as you said..........on android i'm not sure how to save messages either

Looking to buy the Samung 6 Edge Soon when i save up, really help i don't get this same problems as ladydeath here. Planning to but it online so it will be problems if its hardware problems.

Looking to buy the Samung 6 Edge Soon when i save up, really help i don't get this same problems as ladydeath here. Planning to but it online so it will be problems if its hardware problems.

I will never recommend Samsung personally but seeing as its built around the newest, I think it won't have as many issues.

s6 edge over rated the difference to0 minor for the price difference IMO played with both edge and normal and have to say it felt the same lol

Last edited:
my phone gave trouble from the start but it giving more problems since the upgrades. I would recommend that people bring their phones down directly from the companies now then buying them here locally

my phone gave trouble from the start but it giving more problems since the upgrades. I would recommend that people bring their phones down directly from the companies now then buying them here locally

Don't think that will change the outcome. The S4 in my family was bought from the USA directly and it was somewhat troublesome in terms of being slow and laggy unlike the equally speced LG E970 which I had.

Turns out that same S4 has had its share of software issues too even without doing any updates on it.I think Samsung in general really needed to get their act together and I think we will have less issues with the S6.

s6 edge over rated the difference to0 minor for the price difference IMO played with both edge and normal and have to say it felt the same lol

From just looking at spec sheets of the Notes I found that was the case with the "edge" its really a marketing ploy that works.

You guys have to remember something as well, alot of the samsung phones being sold here are not for this region. Some phones have different model numbers eg i9500 carry 4g while other models dont some don't, some are made for particular areas/ regions and for particular bands so the models does make it different . Most of the models people sell in Trinidad and Tobago are the cheaper version that don't carry the 4g.

You guys have to remember something as well, alot of the samsung phones being sold here are not for this region. Some phones have different model numbers eg i9500 carry 4g while other models dont some don't, some are made for particular areas/ regions and for particular bands so the models does make it different . Most of the models people sell in Trinidad and Tobago are the cheaper version that don't carry the 4g.

As I've seen in a lot of shops, they tend to stock the carrier branded versions which come loaded with bloatware. As you said the i9500, I've been seeing i337(AT&T), M919(T-Mobile) etc... The carrier adds their customized apps and this further causes slow downs and problems which provide no benefit to us and as I'm aware, messing with the i337 is not recommended as the bootloader really can't be unlocked beyond a certain version.

However I don't know if I've seen the version without 4g being sold here.

One fact is that this country don't carry 4g period. 4g is 50mbps to 100mbps we have 3g mixed with hspa+ , even if your phone shows 4g its not really 4g but really data being transmitted over then band that carry 4g.

We call it 3.5G, its not here alone either that is falsely calling it 4g.

normally when i buy phones i buy those which have the bands that we have in trinidad...in the case of the older samsung them the problem lies in the samsung skin with some bloatware from the providers them

There are some people that are importing the bootleg or imitation versions that look exactly the same (just some minor changes that people don't see when buying it first ) .

My phone is definitely refurbished as i got it with a song in it people forgot to delete. I think they flashed over the phone and sold it . I still use it because i got the S4 as a present

Normally when the software is overwritten using the factory tools(Odin) it will tend to wipe all data off the phone so quite possibly it was used a bit afterwards. However that's not a problem if the repair/refurb job was done by the factory or a competent technician.

Actually I've seen the bootlegg versions for sale, there are ways to tell its not an original but I never looked into it in detail. It does look precisely the same though!

Back