Accident reduction measures in T&T

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!
Simply put, a lot of them don't care. As a fellow van driver myself i give way a lot of the time because if i hit someone theres a higher probability of killing or worse damage vs a kei car for example.

Yes there are lots of people who just bully others and plant their grill in the other persons bumper because theyre bigger than they are.

God forbid they don't hit.

Gosh sometimes i hate when Truck Drivers carry unsecured load. So many times driving i had experience where gravel from the truck hit my windscreen and chip it. Last time they shattered my friend's windscreen and didn't stop when he was trying to flag them down.
Please don't talk about them hardware truck drivers (mostly) carrying steel protruding out from the tray without a caution sign or warning. I wish police can buck up on this! In San Juan there was a freak accident where steel from a truck ran loose and head on killed a lady . The scene was like a movie! We need to be careful on the roads especially this christmas! Too many things happening at once and we need to slow down and assess the simplest of situations, even driving! It's a risk that we make everytime!

Gosh sometimes i hate when Truck Drivers carry unsecured load. So many times driving i had experience where gravel from the truck hit my windscreen and chip it. Last time they shattered my friend's windscreen and didn't stop when he was trying to flag them down.
Please don't talk about them hardware truck drivers (mostly) carrying steel protruding out from the tray without a caution sign or warning. I wish police can buck up on this! In San Juan there was a freak accident where steel from a truck ran loose and head on killed a lady . The scene was like a movie! We need to be careful on the roads especially this christmas! Too many things happening at once and we need to slow down and assess the simplest of situations, even driving! It's a risk that we make everytime!

Yes yes and yes. Every single truck i come across either pitches up stones at my body work or windshield or covers my newly washed van in mud. Its really a pain to drive behind these trucks. If thats not enough torture they deliver you a free sand wash from their sand coated tyres.

I remember that incident and even now i see loads not properly secured. Its almost as if theyre blind to the obvious.

If its not those things then it's their inability to drive lawfully.
Dont get me started on hardware truck drivers. Almost every Kia or Hyundai truck drives like its in a big hurry and doesnt mind breaking some laws to pass you. They always tailgate and cant keep up when people decide to play games with them. Then they vex when you dont let them pass.

So as for accident reduction, maybe hardwares should setup a driver monitoring program to ensure it doesnt cost them when steel shoots out the back of their truck and ends up in someones face and so people can report the brainless drivers they hire to mash up their trucks.

So to add to reduction measures, people driving behind trucks should keep a distance. Not only for their own safety but to ensure the vehicles behind them who are keeping a safe distance can see when the truck decides to mash his brake so they dont sandwich the car driving behind the truck when the car slams on his brakes at the last minute.

Yeah the ratio of accidents are increased now in this year s their is a need to take precautions and drive safely along the road.Its very important factor for us.

Yeah the ratio of accidents are increased now in this year s their is a need to take precautions and drive safely along the road.Its very important factor for us.

We need more cautious drivers but it seems the inverse is occuring on a monthly basis, sad to say.

Oh yes, another measure of accident reduction is the use of high mount stop lights. Its seen on a lot of Pick ups with Roll bars or SUVs, generally taller vehicles, its a very useful way to see when traffic is stopping from a distance to avoid sudden stops should the absent minded drivers in front of you decide to plant their foot on the brakes only a few feet away from the car in front.

Usually the high mount stop lights catch my attention before anything else in the distance. Speaking of that I think I need to wire mine into a brake light... Something I need to do.

Reduction in the accidents ratio can make our transport system better because people drive safely their vehicles and by a safe driving vehicle also gives you reliability.

Back