6Yr Old Stabbed

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Simeon Warner, the six-year-old boy who was accidentally stabbed in the neck during a fight between two men outside his home last Friday, was removed from the Intensive Care Unit of the San Fernando General Hospital yesterday.

And for the first time little Simeon yesterday responded to his mother, Anita Warner, who has stayed at his bedside.

She said, ’He was moved to Ward Five and this morning when I went he opened his eyes and looked at me. He said he wanted to go home. And he asked for KFC, but he is only allowed to drink apple juice’.

Warner, a mother of two, said doctors were certain that her son would not survive the injury.

’They told me to prepare for the worst. But I just walked down to the carpark and said ’God I don’t care what the doctor says, it is all up to you’. I could not lose my child,’ she said.

Warner, 30, said when she was seven months pregnant with Simeon, his father was shot dead. ’It happened right in front of my eyes and when I saw my son covered in blood, I told myself that I am not going to lose my child too,’ she said.

Simeon, a pupil of Harmony Hall Presbyterian School, was playing with friends outside his home at Bayshore, Marabella, when he was stabbed.

Police said two men were fighting over $5 when one threw a kitchen knife at the other. The knife missed its target and lodged in the child’s neck.

Police are looking for the two men

Cannot believe this a little boy was accidentally caught up in the feud between two men. You see how these things does play out and someone innocent such as he have to pay the price in ICU and his mother had to be prepared for the worst. Look at how much stress and pressure people does put on families and parents. I am so sorry for this woman to have her husband shot dead and son stabbed. I wish her all the best and warner on his recovery

This was indeed such a sad thing to hear. I mean two grown men fighting over money ($5.00) stooped to such a low levels as to draw a weapon, then in heat of the incident, greviously injurned an infant and none of them even had any sympathy in them to tend to the young boy THEY injured in their stupidness? They both disgust me... My prayers and hope goes out to the mother of the child..

Back