6 Murders in One Day!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Wyspa

LV

Taken from today's Trinidad Express:

Six more murders have pushed the murder toll for the year to date to 508.

In Arouca on Monday afternoon, 17-year-old Keon Francis paid the ultimate price for refusing to give a man a cigarette. - See separate murder stories

Francis lived with his family at Back Street in Arouca and he worked as a landscaper with a company in his neighbourhood. According to his elder brother Tejay Francis, Francis and another young man were liming opposite Market Street along the Eastern Main Road, Arouca around 5.30 p.m. when a man walked up them and asked the Francis for a cigarette.

Francis refused.

His brother felt that Francis may have been ’disrespectful’ in his refusal to give the man the cigarette.

The man however withdrew a knife and plunged it into Francis’ chest following which he ran off. Francis slumped to the ground. His friend called the police who in turn contacted the ambulance services.

Francis was taken to the Arima District Hospital but by the time he got there he had already died.

At the Forensic Science Centre in Federation Park yesterday, Tejay Francis said: ’Is real outta timing thing.’

’Yuh know how this country is,’ he added, ’ah mean is just so they kill my brother...over a cigarette. What they go do again?’

Francis’s cousin, Candacy Roberts, also spoke to the Express saying, ’This country gone to nothing. I mean somebody died for a cigarette?’

A team of officers led by ASP Johnny Abraham and Insp Stanley Ramdeen are investigating the murder but so far no-one has been arrested.

Can someone please explainto me what the hell's going on in this country?? Cause i lost.

shame on them?I say shame on us...

Back