WTK Paint Prices

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Hey Guys helping out my family with something and i wanted to know which brand of house paint is the most affordable e.g Penta, Sherwin Wiliams, Sissons, Premium Paint etc.

It's to paint a wall in bright colours . Fuschia Pink and Green. Thank You in advance

Last edited:
I can also vouch for Sherwin Williams. I got two cans three years ago to paint two walls and some biggish pieces of furniture and still have excess from it, really good coverage with two coats. I thought it was around $300-$400 for both cans but I was told it was more like $200-$300 for each so I'm not sure about pricing.

Benjamin Moore is also popular with good quality but I can't vouch for that or pricing.

I have Gliddens on my recently painted living room, one can was $280 or so and the coverage was not as great as Sherwin Williams IMO though it still looks decent despite the fact that we ran out of paint lol.

I painted my bathroom with a cheap paint recently but can't remember the name or price. Possibly Penta. Worked okay but needed many coats.

I will take pics when the sun is up and post for comparison.

Pardon the poor picture quality; lighting is not best.

This is Sherwin Williams paint, 2 coats each, flat finish over a bright blue wall with no primer, 3+ years old.

14nk5k3.jpg

This is Gliddens paint, not quite 2 coats since we ran out of paint, satin finish, painted on a primed white wall weeks ago.

m8ipgh.jpg

This is the cheap paint, maybe Penta not sure, less than 6 months ago painted countless coats on an unprepped white wall until my arms nearly fell off lol. Not sure about the finish but it may have been industrial paint.

16a1i60.jpg

Pardon the poor picture quality; lighting is not best.

This is Sherwin Williams paint, 2 coats each, flat finish over a bright blue wall with no primer, 3+ years old.

14nk5k3.jpg

This is Gliddens paint, not quite 2 coats since we ran out of paint, satin finish, painted on a primed white wall weeks ago.

m8ipgh.jpg

This is the cheap paint, maybe Penta not sure, less than 6 months ago painted countless coats on an unprepped white wall until my arms nearly fell off lol. Not sure about the finish but it may have been industrial paint.

16a1i60.jpg

Look great! I have a sudden urge to get my crayons out and write on those walls now.

Can vouch for the Sherwin Williams. Great spreadability and also B.Moore.

However on a budget, Misra Paints not far from the Police station in Chaguanas sells their warehouse paint in bulk packaging, its usually 60-80 for a 5 litre bottle.
Have used it a lot and for the money its hard to beat.

thank you so much guys and shadow for the detailed comparison..i can see nw the cheap paint was really thin .

i am thinking of going to sherwin or A.C.E for the paints. i hope its not that expensive lol

Let us know how it goes please! I still have more painting to do lol

Ace is a fairly decent brand for the money and I would like to hear the performance if you choose to use it.

ACE is a very good brand in the US ..going this weekend to check them out. Will let you guys know

Back