Wrecking to start back in Port-Of-Spain Very Soon!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

unknown

LV

Its been some time since the wrecking in the Aripita, St.James and environs was Stopped, but i'm here to share some bad news its going to back very soon.
Wrecking as we know it should begin either this week or next week of August 2015 but due to Internal corruption of the Port-Of-Spain Cooperation its being held back, let me explain.

We know that the Port-Of-Spain City Police conduct wrecking as directed by the Port-Of-Spain Cooperation but do to alot of internal corruption it was stopped by the Mayor Of the said district.

Major reason why the wrecking was stopped in the first place was due to illegal wrecking and Police officers receiving up to 30TT dollars per wrecked vehicle which was never investigated.
The Port-Of-Spain Cooperation had intention of buying some wreckers to perform the wrecking themselves so all monies would be payable directly to the Port-Of-Spain Cooperation.

But due to A senior official from the Port-Of-Spain Cooperation this will not happen because of the fact he the senior official owns and has shares in a wrecker himself would like for his wrecker to work instead of wreckers being purchased.

Wrecking on the whole is a money making venture and everyone knows this especially senior officials in the Port-Of-Spain Cooperation and will do anything to get a cut from it.
An audit should be conducted on the Port-Of-Spain Cooperation mainly because of this and other Internal corruptions that I will shed some light soon.

lol i am a person who does feel iffy about parking in town even when the wrecking was removed lol......it just hardly have places

As reading this i don't doubt the fact that their are corrupt officials making money from the wrecking scheme. People really need to stand up against this corruption and if you can please say what positions these officials hold.

Wait nah! So the City Corp. not buying wreckers again because a Senior official that owns shares in a wrecking service will now use his wreckers??

But what madness is this ! Is blatant bribery and money passing going on infront everyone's eyes and everyone staying quiet. Things should be fair and just. I think like all government businesses, they should have a tender accepting bids for a wrecking company to work POS.

lol i am a person who does feel iffy about parking in town even when the wrecking was removed lol......it just hardly have places

This. I parked on Rosalino again for the first time since 2013 and kept looking at the mirrors to see if anybody wanted to play mad. It's just not a nice feeling and thankfully I don't have to go into pos often or else I was going to invest in some sort of anti-tow protection to save myself.

I'm just glad they haven't figured out how to tow bikes off of a pavement as yet.

I'm just glad they haven't figured out how to tow bikes off of a pavement as yet.

Lol you lucky yes but they do I believe it's just the amount of work to strap on the motorcycle they can wreck two vehicles during that time.

Wait, I now check it, do they just raise the front of the car and pull it away? What about the handbrakes? I know most cars have drum brakes in the rear that are engaged with the hand brakes.

Wait, I now check it, do they just raise the front of the car and pull it away? What about the handbrakes? I know most cars have drum brakes in the rear that are engaged with the hand brakes.

Yes they do. If your car gets damaged I think you are liable to fix it. I've seen them tow rwds by the front already so I assumed they were manual and in neutral.

Not surprised. The urgency and zeal that these police officers and wrecker drivers put into this operation, you could tell every car they wreck they get a cut. I have no choice but to park in POS. I just follow and adhere to Parking and No Parking signs, the hours that you are permitted to park legally and the marking on the pavements and streets.

Not surprised. The urgency and zeal that these police officers and wrecker drivers put into this operation, you could tell every car they wreck they get a cut. I have no choice but to park in POS. I just follow and adhere to Parking and No Parking signs, the hours that you are permitted to park legally and the marking on the pavements and streets.

Take a time stamped photo of your car parked. vignette for Android will allow you do it.

Please also note that there is a Police Scam going around where Police Officers and other officials are working with wrecking men to wreck vehicles and take them to be scrapped or sold over.

This was going on quite awhile now and was on the news. Especially in the wee partying hours, these wreckers will willfully wreck a vehicle from a spot and tow it away to an unknown location where God knows what happens.

I wonder if this will start back as wrecking is resumed.

Yes they do. If your car gets damaged I think you are liable to fix it. I've seen them tow rwds by the front already so I assumed they were manual and in neutral.
I saw the euaros getting towed by them with all wheels off the ground lol......i dont think they risking stuff any more then i see a civic get towed in the old fashioned way

I saw the euaros getting towed by them with all wheels off the ground lol......i dont think they risking stuff any more then i see a civic get towed in the old fashioned way

May have been an awd. If they damage an awd euro its trouble like nothing Japanese lol.

Back