Windows vs Linux vs Mac Vs others

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
What is your pick? I have been a longstanding user of windows and quite like it as I want to save myself from any hassles such as reinstalling, formatting, etc. in cases of crash, virus attacks, etc. I prefer windows and an anti-virus, which give me a stable user interface. What is your pick and cite reasons for the same.

Windows. I'm more familiar with it and am looking forward to Windows 10. I don't like the installs etc either and after using a PC that did not gel too well with Yosemite, I'm definitely committed to Windows.

Windows. I'm more familiar with it and am looking forward to Windows 10. I don't like the installs etc either and after using a PC that did not gel too well with Yosemite, I'm definitely committed to Windows.

Mac was made to run only Mac hardware or extremely similar hardware.

Personally I have been windows and nothing else. Did not like windows 8 what so ever, patiently awaiting 10 though. More or less I grew up on Windows so thats why im accustomed to it.

Would like to try Mac again sometime, was quite a refeeshing design to work with.

I think if I spent more time on a Mac I could get the hang of it, but familiarity wins for me when it comes to Windows. I preferred Windows 7 honestly, to 8, but 10 is promising better things so we'll see when it's released.

I would like to purchase a Macbook some day. It is very expensive though.

windows 10 began rolling out today lol cant wait to try it out when the dl reach my pc lolo

bought a laptop for my mom a year ago and she never used it because of windows 8 and with windows 8 they stopped including MS office (just a limited time trial) which is what she bought it for. Huge waste of time. She can't wait to get windows 10.

yea lol....i just liked being update with the new technology and want to see how wins=dows 19 improved windows 8 was a bit disjointed

Windows 8 was obviously for touch screens. I'm a person that when I pick up a full blown computer its to create media with no frills and fluffs. Windows 8 had too many gimmicks for me with that "slide" bar to the sides, the metro start menu was a good concept but was ruined by the way it was designed for me. I'm still running windows 7 for compatibility and familiarity. I will jump to 10 next year when I decide to get a new ultra book.

Still don't understand microsoft's fascination with the "metro" look. I thought it was ugly and poorly functional from the start. I understand it was meant for touch screens but the vast majority of people still use a keyboard and mouse. It would make more sense to have a metro theme as opposed to making it default. It makes no sense having each file be displayed as a tile so your screen can only show 10 files at once and you have to look all over the screen as opposed to a nice list where you can view all of your files in alphabetical order in one section of your screen. I'm talking mainly about hotmail and onedrive here. So annoying have to change preferences every time I open a new folder.

I agree with you. As I said when I pick up a PC its to do creation and that means a physical hardware mouse and keyboard, touch screens are a waste for me on a PC. I know they want to appeal to the masses including a heavy consumer based market but seriously, couldn't they make the metro have a old school relative so we can switch from work to play or something like that?

My dad has a Windows 8 Ultrabook. Touch screen, metro ui, etc... I always comment how much I dislike it. The start menu is a waste of my time. When I want weather and news I've got my Z2 Android phone at finger point reach or I just visit the various websites as I please. For me the Tiles are wasted because I never need "at a glance" on my pc. Also the metro start menu takes up the whole screen and its not useful what so ever when I have to open a sub menu and browse by the letter to access ALL programs.

Yes it can be customized but I don't really have time to spend pinning and playing with tiles when my windows 7 system will automatically put my most used programs in the start menu for me.

I might consider a switch to Macintosh and rebuild my desktop to run Windows as I still have my i7 and ram left along with the case.

so here i am waiting for my windows 10 update still lol....dont want to do the iso install as i will lost everything lol and well a clean install is the best way but....not untill i get a 2TB external to back up my crap lol...so i guess its back to waiting while everyone gets to play with it

How much is the CD? I dont mind paying for it if its not too expensive and the license is valid for the life of the machine.

a cd is like 140 us i think lol but i have a free upgrade since my windows 8 was official so my license good till lol...is just laziness with me and not wanting to loose everything lol that have me waiting till it say mines ready lmao

I am skeptical to upgrade honestly. I still run some old programs, really don't know how they'll run on 10.

using windows and im liking it not a high learning curve and its definitely snappy lol...it just feels like what a windows should of felt like when it went through 7 etc lol

using windows and im liking it not a high learning curve and its definitely snappy lol...it just feels like what a windows should of felt like when it went through 7 etc lol

That's good to hear, now there is talk Vaio is back in action so... There is a possibility I may come across to 10 lol.

vaio was never all that imo and its not owned by sony anymore...and yup they returing to the US i read it lol

It was never all that but considering I went from a 2008 Vaio to a 2012 Asus then to a 2013 Acer, the Vaio was still vastly superior to both despite having newer hardware. I still wish I had the Vaio because even with the older hardware it would easily outperform the Acer. Not to mention having better build quality, better screen, speakers, headphone amp, etc..

My experience with Windows 10 as a techie:

On my tri-boot mac mini - no issues at all. Had the insider review edition, so by now it is a full legit 10 I have.

A customer in her mid 70s upgraded to windows 10 completely on her own! But then her laptop started to do weird stuff a few days after: sudden reboots causing her to be unable to work on it

She wanted the Windows 10, so I opted to clone her drive, do a clean install from iso and install her apps. So far no issues.

On my main PC, I'm sticking to windows 7 for now

Back