Windows Phone

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

How many of you like Windows Phone?

Here are some of the developments that have come to light with Windows Phone 10:

[video=youtube;3_ZV_tvS7tc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_ZV_tvS7tc[/video]

[video=youtube;pn-MkP59rHA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn-MkP59rHA[/video]

Being a former Windows Phone owner, I can safely say that this is the first time since Windows phone 7.5 it actually seems like they are making some positive changes in the OS. I quite like the drive toward a more interconnected platform and a more consistent experience across devices. I'm also really enjoying the changes to the UI, the Metro UI looks pretty cool when its shifted to one side.

Back when I had my windows phone, 7.5 Mango was the latest. I really liked how simple it was to use and always felt that with the right improvements it could have been a great OS. Many of the improvements I wished to see were never present even Windows Phone 8 which in my personal experience felt just the same as 7.5 did two years prior.

I'm pleased to see some changes at long last. Others have argued with me and told me that between 7.5 and 8 there were a lot of changes but they were just picking at all the minor changes in my opinion.

*Windows Mobile still remains my favourite even though it would freeze and even though I never had one, I quite loved the HTC HD2.

What do you think? Do you like Windows Phone? Did you hate it? I want to hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited:
The windows phone os is actually good just the were ketching up i owned the lumia 800,900,920 and it was good, only pet peeves were the lack of apps and microsoft throwing software updates for the newer models and even abandon the whole wp7 when wp8 with nun of the wp devices getting wp8 which was a big turn off...with wp10 they are definitely going in the right direction with all wp8 will be upgraded even such as phones with 512mb ram and making sure the apps are universal ensuring a larger app base be cause of all the os wp store was the worst i have seen

I share the same view. Good os with lots of potential, terrible lack of apps and inconsistency.

Ill wait and see how it plays out. Im really hoping it will be better with wp10.

yea i was actually waiting for it to release and try out a low tier lumia phone such as the 535 as it wont hurt the pocket that much and has 1gb of ram which windows will run fine on as with the 512mb phones there were hardly any problems and if microsoft can make a dent with this windows 10 os for phones the competition will be forced to make phones to compete in the low tier area with 1gb of ram

Thats what I had in mind as well. The 512mb with the 1ghz snapdragon 8255 was a good platform when used with WP 7.5 so it could be the start of a new meaning to optimization and budget devices.

Thats what I had in mind as well. The 512mb with the 1ghz snapdragon 8255 was a good platform when used with WP 7.5 so it could be the start of a new meaning to optimization and budget devices.

yea and from what im seeing Microsoft doing with these lumia devices being released buget phone competition going and get very stiff which should mean better prices for us as consumers for phones hopefully

Not just prices but better optimization and more support for the older devices. There was once a time when a flagship shipped with an OS and got 1 or 2 minor updates or 1 major update and thats it, the manufacturer was done supplying it.

It was up to the third party devs to continue building their own newer version ROMS who I must say are incredible at what they do.

Back