Windows 7 activation hacked!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Wyspa

LV

WoW!!! It looks like those hackers are wasting absolutely no time in digginh into Windows 7. The final RTM (release to manufactoring) code of Win 7 was released to OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturor) such as DELL, HP, Lenevo etc just last week, yet hackers in China have allegedly cracked the activation system from leaked activation keys from the OEM Lenevo. Upon some further reading I discoverd that the hack is very high risk though, and you can run the risk of bricking your entire computer. Its really technical and way above the average user's expertise. So i don't see this as any more different from the hacks in activation on other Windows products. Sure MS will have to put up with pirated copies, but truth is they have been for years. I personally would not download any pirated copy of Windows 7. Truthfully, Win7 may be the best windows ever. I use the RC (release candidate) released by Microsoft for public testing as my main OS and I'm loving everything about it. I'll purchase the original copy when it's launched in October. read more here:http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10299051-83.html?tag=newsLeadStoriesArea.1

So this crack is still pretty much a hack. Lets keep it that way. I've heard good reviews for windows 7 so i'd really like to see them benefit from releasing a product people actually like and find useful. They tend to get alot of stiff but if they can bring it good they should gain from it too.

I need to try out windows 7 but thats really wicked the chines are really not joking around, maybe they were dealing with the bios because i can't really see any other way to actually bricking your pc making it light weight. I would like to hear more of this good info dude

You're right admin.. a BIOS mod is required to perform the hack. Hence why i said that the average user won't be able to exploit the mod or even want to run the risk of bricking their pc.....

This just in......Microsoft has confirmed the rumor that Windows 7 Ultimate RTM was hacked. But there's good news. The leak was an ISO with a master key that was shipped to Lenevo to be pre-installed on PCs from the manufacturer. Microsoft has stated that it has worked closely with the manufacturer so that customers who purchase genuine PCs from Lenevo, will have no issues validating their copies of Windows 7 Ultimate. It was also stated that no PCs running Windows 7 Ultimate will use the leaked product key. Thankfully, Lenevo was the only manufacturer affected. (sorry for them). Other manufactures are safe to buy from. Lenevo is also safe to purchase from. Rread here: http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10300 ... ncol;posts

More news. Microsoft Tech team are ready for the hack. They claim that Windows7 has improved mechanisms to detect pirated installs. Also when the pirated software is identified via MS online update service, the user's copy of the pirated OS will be de-activated. It seems these guys mean business. read more here: http://www.istartedsomething.com/200907 ... m-exploit/

WOW that mean lol but yes its a good move i mean they are a company and too much of people using pirated copies, another thing is that when people use pirated copies and it has viruses and back doors in it and the os starts to malfunction they tend to say microsoft is crap. Or vista is crap so on, its not that its crap it that your using an illegal version that may have been tampered with from the beginning.

Back