Why You Should Wear Back Seat Belts!

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Back seat belts are just as important as front seat belts. Some people don't see the importance of wearing it in the back seat and we need to change that mentality. It's even more dangerous to not wear back seat belts than front seat belts. Here's why: Please watch t
he videos they are less than 3 mins long combined

[video=youtube;e6Qhmdk4VNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Qhmdk4VNs[/video]

[video=youtube;4SEy_FCJlpk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SEy_FCJlpk[/video]

[video=youtube;CxGZnansyIo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxGZnansyIo[/video]

Wow those videos are super scary especially remembering the road fatalities for the past month, Make me wonder why are we not enforcing this law in the country.

I remember as a youngster old enough to travel in a taxi, any car I go in I used to strap myself in. Whoever else in the car used to laugh. That just goes to show the disregard.

You should.. When i was taking my defensive driving course the lecturer showed us all these videos and more. There was a video actually showing us in slow mo how a body splits apart due when in a fatal accident. Someone who is not wearing a backseat belt can actually kill all passengers with their flying body during an accident.

I always buckle up in the back seat esp leather seating.

My dad got a ticket for me not wearing a seatbelt in the back (which I took off pick something up from the floor for less than a minute) when I was around 8/9 years old. Never happened again. I always wear seatbelts whether in front or back, traveling etc. What makes it worse is seeing the remains of victims of accidents who don't wear seatbelts up close fresh at the scene. Whether you speed or not, you can't control what another driver on the road does.

When I did defensive driver these videos were used to emphasize why backseat SRS is necessary. If you watch the documentary of Princess Diana's Mercedes W140 crash, somewhere to the beginning they talk about how the car hit barriers and walls on the opposite corners to the one she was seated in but due to her not wearing her seatbelt she was killed from being flung around.
It is a very serious thing, even if laws may not force people to wear rear seatbelts, their own lives should.
I believe that in Trinidad it should be common sense as we often have to use very excessive braking on our roadways to begin with, this in itself should make people realise what can happen if they're not buckled in for more serious times.

Nice to know about the advantages to wear the seat belt on the backseats.Actually when all wear the seat belts s it looks proper a proper car and beautiful to see.

Back