Why do you think domestic violence is on the rise in T&T

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

To me i think is because of

Wrong socialization or not enough- Parents in trini didnt teach their child the right morals and values
Physiological trauma- seeing his parents being victims of this esp. mothers
Movies- media influences everyone

Yes it is, i would mainly blame the music, if you listen to dancehall these days all thing sing about is sexing women and treating them like whores. Now what do you expect the youths to thing they will grow up thinking that women are just tools that need to satisfy men. This country needs to do something about controlling the type of music we air on the radios

The ting is advertisements on the radio now is sexually motivated as well.... gosh people like it as these things go unnoticed in our small country yes... i dont know why we cant buck up and do the right hting for futures to come

DV in Trinidad is always going to be on arise until MEN appreciates women. Its my view that majority of Dv occur when the man is always at fault. The temperment of them seems to be always high. Drinking is a norm. Drugs an addiction. Advertisement plays a part too. Realise I only stress on men because they cause it, see and know the consequences of it and its past on to the next generation.

Back