Why Do Mechanics Often Drive "Junk" Cars?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

What's your take on why mechanics drive junk cars a lot of the times?

I must say, I never gave it much thought until I came across this video, which made sense and I agreed with it.

[video=youtube;An9FhvFb5M0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An9FhvFb5M0[/video]

I'm not too sure I understand you there Mad Racer but it makes some sense I suppose. They just want a car they can move around in that works I suppose.

it also either runs diesel or super lol with out hesitation.......so on a side note find my car being acting a bit funny lol so tank was decided to put premium and is like things disappear or maybe is just me will run some more and see yes

it also either runs diesel or super lol with out hesitation.......so on a side note find my car being acting a bit funny lol so tank was decided to put premium and is like things disappear or maybe is just me will run some more and see yes[/QUOTE

Sometimes the fuel quality doesn't be all that. I was getting problems once and thought was injectors but it ended up being the fuel cause it never happened again after 3 weeks

Well I'm not a mechanic but of 3 vehicles I've owned so far, they've all been "fixer uppers". Usually we like to think we can handle the small fixes ourselves and that with a bit of wrench hours it will be in a place where nobody can touch it. Unfortunately not everything goes to plan

That's a good point Anthone. Some of them like Eric The Car Guy don't actually care too much about how it looks, to him the worn down appearance gives the car a stealth feel since its mechanically sound.

i know a popular V8 mechanic who only drives junk cars and refuse to buy a new car. He says he believe in the saying "old is gold" and still argues the point that no new car can touch the old ones.
He also says there is something about driving a car that is mechanically working good. Exterior doesn't matter apparently

Back