Who Will Be 2011 Chutney Soca Monarch King?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
It's that time of the year! Chutney Soca Monarch 2011! Now its bigger and better and a bigger prize of 2 million.

Last year we saw the crown go to Ravi B. for his hit song "Ah Drinka" The year before we saw Kenneth Salick overcome the odds with his hit song "Radica". Which chutney singer out shined everyone else this year? Whats your thoughts & opinions. Also add a brief explanation why you chose which chutney singer?

Lets take a LOOK:
Ravi B. - Player, Wey Yuh Deh, Cya Come, Gyul Doh Bodda Me, Vanni, Tu Jaan.
Hunter - Sumatie Daughter, Tanty Man, Feeling Rude.
Hitman - Gyal Leave That Man, Rum Is Not Meh Lover.
JMC Triveni - She Who Horining Me, No More Rum Again.
Rikki Jai - Text Yuh Tonight.
Soca Elvis - Why Yuh Leave, Doubles & Roti.
Rajin Dhanraj - Old Fire Wood.
Rick Ramotaur - Ah Shoulda Never.
Terry Gajraj - Sumatee.
Heerlal Ramptaramp - Doo Doo Darlings
Kenneth Salick - The Sky Is Blue.
SW Storm - By De' Bar.
Veekash Sahadeo - Facebook, Darling I Love You.
Moses Charles - Planting Cassava, Tamara.
Dil E Naadan - Suhani Gyal, We Drinken.
Melobugz - She Blockin Me.

Wow, that pretty much sums up the HITS of 2011. By looking at the data, Ravi B. looks like the true winner & stand out star of 2011. But I'm not sure if he could win the monarch a second year a row. He'll definitely be in the top three.
Heres My Picks.

1. JMC Triveni - She Who Horning Me
2. Rajin Dhanraj - Old Fire Wood
3. Ravi B - Player
4. Hunter - Sumatie Daughter
5. Rick Ramotaur - Ah Shoulda Never.

I think Ravi B would will it again ..gosh player is a big hit and alot of people just loving the vibes the song gives out ^_^

some of my picks
Rick Ramotaur - Ah Shoulda Never
Rikki Jai - Text Yuh Tonight
Dil E Naadan - Suhani Gyal, We Drinken
Ravi B - Player
Ki persad-No More Rum Again.

Ravi B. - Player
Rajin Dhanraj - Old Fire Wood.
Rick Ramotaur - Ah Shoulda Never

The R's have it this year...

Yep i love Ki Song as well and Also Dil-E-Nadan Suhani Gyal

1st Rikki Jai
2nd Ravi B
3rd KI
4th Rick Ramotaur
5th Hunter

Great show guys!!!

This year chutney soca monarch finals has gone to d DOGS in my opinion....none of d local chutney singers got to perform as guest.....d hostess from ch9was afro trini and Afro trini soca artiste who doh sing ah bit of chutney got wrk to appear as guest on d show....SHAME SHAME SHAME on MR George Singh dis is d only time of year indian singers does get work....Prime Minister Kamala Persad who is ah east indian saw dat type of lured dancing which should hav never b on dis show....i can say now my culture is dying......

Yep....Jai outta all the people if someone could win the soca monarch by singing about white oak and water better i go and give it a try!!

Other Singers Like KI And Ravi deserve better than that..i feel it had a bribe thing going on

Ravi b would never win it because bmobile sponsored the event so don't expect him ever winning a bmobile sponsored event, remember he's digicel lol

KI was my pick though and I tough Drupatee Ramgooni would have placed in the first 5 as for the guest artiste i have to agree with Madsuya because i tough i was really in Africa while watching the show, more chutney singers should have appeared as guest singers

1st- $1m...............Rikki Jai-18,285 votes
2nd- $100,000.........Ravi B-11,187 votes
3rd- $60,000...........KI Persad-10,451 votes
4th-15th- $30,000

Ravi B couldn't stand he loses an he incited violence wit d crowd an his band members....now facin a law suet from George Singh..Ravi B still feel he's d best ting out here y he do go an teach his sister to sing instead of kickin down d ppl door.....shame on him....on d odder han $30,000. is so little bit to give any artiste......dis should be improve....women was out numbered in dis competition dey failed to cut it....Drupatie Ramgoonai, Artie Butkoon an Sally Sagram com better next year....

I really think that Rikki Jai should not have win it leave it up to KI or sumthing..White Oak And water is so ridiculous compared to other songs that mash up de place

My sources say Rickki Jai won because Agostura (White Oak) was one of the leading sponser for the Chutney Soca Monarch. Even if Ravi B song was good, his performance was way off. It was all about himself. Hard luck for he now. Alot of shows are being put off because of his statements.

Yea seriously Nesha B seriously can not sing live, when she starts to sing she ruins the song as a background singer. And kill she dead lol she is the hottest thing alive lol

Eh heh......

K.I Super Hott wanted him to win cuz he is the only one who never sang about drinking no more RUM!!

Back