What's a Good "White Light" Driving Bulb?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Hey guys, I was wondering, does anyone have any experience using the HS Xenon Gas Bulbs? I've heard they are great and offer a very white, brilliant light output . Can anyone confirm/deny?

Does anyone know of a good halogen bulb that will achieve the white look without being any dimmer than a standard halogen? Bulbs must not exceed 55/60W since I do not want to risk burning out the socket/melting the harness.

Try to get your hands on a pair of Phillips or Sylvania bulbs. Those are the best in halogen bulbs you will get. They offer a nice clean temperature of light (about 4700-5000K) with good lumen output.

Those aftermarket 'super white' bulbs look good and do offer a cleaner tone of light, but in my opinion the output is not as good as any standard halogen 4300K bulb

@brotherhood, what's the price of those bulbs bro?

Try to get your hands on a pair of Phillips or Sylvania bulbs. Those are the best in halogen bulbs you will get. They offer a nice clean temperature of light (about 4700-5000K) with good lumen output.

Those aftermarket 'super white' bulbs look good and do offer a cleaner tone of light, but in my opinion the output is not as good as any standard halogen 4300K bulb

I figured as much. I'd just do HID but for this application its not feasible since its a new car. Didn't want to have to cut up the bulb covers. Osram(Sylvania) also makes a really good halogen called Night Breakers but they don't exactly match the HIDs 100%.

@brotherhood, what's the price of those bulbs bro?

Bro nowhere in Trinidad I know off actually sells either the Sylvania or the Philips. Online a set of 3800-4000k Sylvania or philips go for about $25-28usd. Philips does make a 5000k Diamond Vision bulb which is truly amazing for a halogen imo but its more like $40-50usd. My dad ended up ordering 2 pairs of Vision X L series which are 4500k and all the reviews said it burns brighter than the regular halogens in addition to being whiter. Vision X is also a pretty well known usa company that manufacturers some insane LED off road lighting.

One pair of the Vision X bulbs cost $17usd I will update this thread with a little review when they get here. Looking forward to it. May have a foglight surprise in store too. (Anyone say 1200 lumens from 19w?)

The VisionX L series bulbs came in and were installed in a 2014 RAV4 with 9005 low beam projection lamps and 9005 65w high beams as well... -10 stars. Colour is no where near 4500k. Its close to about 3500k, as it is slightly less yellow than regular halogens but its nowhere near the rated 4500k colour temperature and I am very disappointed as the reviews said it burns white and its so bright, etc.... Hundreds of reviews or so it seems were wrong.

On the upside, JDM Astar H16 type 2 6w LED foglight bulbs were installed and those are just perfect for the low wattage foglight of the RAV4. It burns at 6000k and will match a true 6000k HID extremely well. Its also quite brilliant considering its only 6w when compared against the factory 19w bulbs. Other than a little bit of condensation, which can be the result of not 100% locking the bulb in the socket, it works extremely well and we are very pleased with them.

Vehicle can actually be driven a bit slowly with just the foglights alone installed. Reminds me of my 6000k HID conversion I once did.

That RAV 4 has 9005 bulbs on both low beam and high beam?
I thought was 9006 low and 9005 high.

Understood. Noted. Thanks.
This is a change from the usual 9006 low, 9005/H1 high.
From experience, 9005 is high beam only.

Understood. Noted. Thanks.
This is a change from the usual 9006 low, 9005/H1 high.
From experience, 9005 is high beam only.

I'm accustomed to that setup as well. Usually Toyota uses the 9005 for high beam but I really did notice the projectors were a tad brighter than other halogen projectors so happens its a 65w 9005 in the new model.

In light of the disappointment of the vision x l series, I've secured two sets of "Eaglelite" HID appearance xenon gas filled bulbs and I must say i am absolutely pleased. The light is extremely close to 5000k around 4500k and it's just as bright as the stock halogens. Stock wattage too.

I did a mod whereby I used a 9005 65w bulb in factory 9006 Koito 55w fog lights. Looks the part and no issues. For $100 I recommend them. Will get some pics in a bit.

ive been looking for lights that are brighter but could use the stock halogen set up lol but not sure where to start....lol and yea we waiting for them pics......

As promised, here are the pics

One bulb looks clear, that is due to me replacing the left foglight bulb already. The clear bulb is the OEM.(My oem bulb type is 9006, I filed down the grooves within the connector of the bulb and it slid right in.

Bare in mind this is a well lit area and these are just foglights alone,, no low beam or auxiliary lighting from vehicle. In all honesty the beam from these foglights really reminds me of the projector beam from ebay h3 projector headlights but much smoother and uniformly spread(a very good thing for foglights!)

Really gives that HID look I think. Its not blue at all, quite like this colour.

Last edited:
what brand bulbs Plasma xenon?? where your order it from amazon or ebay?? lol im looking for improvements to the stock halogen without going HIDs and these looking promising

ive been looking for lights that are brighter but could use the stock halogen set up lol but not sure where to start....lol and yea we waiting for them pics......

Make sure you stay factory wattage. Men running these high wattage 100w bulbs and burning out their sockets, melting their housings and burning out the reflector bowl faster than it should.
Whether I recommend these, yes I do, I am waiting to see if the store will get H4 in 55/60w as I went back this morning and they had gotten a fresh pair of H4 which they did not have yesterday but only 90/130w, a definite no no. I use H4 headlight bulbs.

Also, if you check my HID thread I gave some good info on why not to use HIDs in the reflector housings if you have those.

what brand bulbs Plasma xenon?? where your order it from amazon or ebay?? lol im looking for improvements to the stock halogen without going HIDs and these looking promising

I bought these locally in Chaguanas from a store lol. The brand is Eaglelite and I got it at the Price Club in Chaguanas.

Tell me what socket you need.

lol i had a hid kit but when i did my research i wasnt feeling to go through the trouble to retro fit etc so i sold the kit lol.....i use h7 for low beams

lol i had a hid kit but when i did my research i wasnt feeling to go through the trouble to retro fit etc so i sold the kit lol.....i use h7 for low beams

I'll check to see if they have h7 when I go back to check for the 55/60 H4s by this weekend.

HID is just a different light source all together, Trinis will be trinis lol.

yea and ive seen people done it bad and have burnt mark in the housing...lol next time i see the vehicle in uwi i go take a pic of that big no no lol

I've actually used these bulbs during the day since installing them to test them for any problems and so far, there are no problems. It looks really cool and refreshing to see a vehicle like mine with white lights but no HID glare.

Back