What is The Life Cycle of Your Electronic Devices?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

Shadowhunter

LV

How often do you replace/update your devices?

I wait until I absolutely have to eg. phone stops working etc to replace. I know others that upgrade as soon as the latest version is out. What do you choose?

I used to change with the technology but there is only so much you can keep up and realise its all the same. Now I change only when I feel necessary.

I've had my phone for years. Screen is cracked, digitizer doesn't respond sometimes & occasional no service. I don't mind it much though because I don't use it. The only things I need on my phone are a camera, SD card slot and an internet connection. [By the way, did you know that Digicel gives FREE access to Wikipedia?]

I only change my phone when it is no longer working or cannot be fixed. I am not a materialistic person and i simply do not care 'what is the latest version out' . If it can receive/send messages or calls and take out pictures , i am great!

For those that intend to keep their phones for value, only selling to upgrade etc. is the months to a year time period the average life cycle?

For those that intend to keep their phones for value, only selling to upgrade etc. is the months to a year time period the average life cycle?

Usually die hard upgraders will keep a device and plan to sell when a new one is announced and usually do sell just prior to the new model releasing or they will sell at launch but before it reaches our shores to maximize the $$. In those cases the devices are kept like new and fetch a bit more than the casual beaten up ones.

lol yup we usually sell our phones at least two months b4 release as we can still capture maximum value....

ahhhh I see. I know some that take "babying" their phone to another level to keep upgrading lol Doesn't it ever get tiring to keep switching phones as soon as you get used to one?

ahhhh I see. I know some that take "babying" their phone to another level to keep upgrading lol Doesn't it ever get tiring to keep switching phones as soon as you get used to one?

Indeed. After having done it a few times I dont even care whats new. Its just too much to keep reconfiguring all the time.

^^^^lol actually not for me as i usually buy iphones as i get a new one it pulls down my info and settings as i log into it.......android on the other hand #failure......i does ha sit down n start from scratch

I know people that dedicate all nighters to configure new phones lol I can't imagine having so much patience to do that every few months nah lol

^^^^lol actually not for me as i usually buy iphones as i get a new one it pulls down my info and settings as i log into it.......android on the other hand #failure......i does ha sit down n start from scratch

I side load quite a bit so yes #failure lol.

Back