What Does Stress Cause?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

nirtime

LV

Hi there, I would like to know what are some of the most common stress related disorders?

What are some of the worst stress related diseases?

I am a sufferer myself but I'm not at the absolute worst of the worst.... Yet.

Whoooo boy. That's a big can of worms lol Small amounts of stress are normal and healthy. However, chronic or extreme stress not only strains you mentally, but leads to physical issues as well. Long term exposure to highly stressful situations can be downright dangerous. I'll just touch on a few to start with:

Hair loss
Breakouts
Abdominal cramps
Lower back pain
Neck and shoulder pain
Headaches
Chest pain
Anxiety and anxiety attacks
Panic disorder
Problems trying to sleep, staying asleep, or sleeping too much
Night terrors/nightmares
Post traumatic stress disorder
Constant or unusually repetitive states of negative emotions such as fear, anger, confusion, irritability, sadness, etc
Nausea and/or vomiting
Diarrhea or constipation
Acid reflux
Overly high or low blood pressure
Overly fast or slow heart rate
Loss of consciousness/fainting
Tremors, nervousness, feeling jittery
Fluctuations between extreme feelings (eg. feeling too much vs. feeling numb, excessive crying, laughing, anger, "mood swings" etc.)
Unusual weight gain or weight loss
An abundant release in the hormone cortisol which encourages your body to store more fat (especially in the lower abdomen)
Muscle cramps and seizes
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Lower immune system (increased likelihood of contracting illness, once contracted illnesses may be prolonged and difficult to recover from)
Unusually high or low libido
Decreased sperm count in men
Increased menstrual pain and irregular periods in women
Increased frequency and intensity of migraines
Appetite changes (eg. eating too much or too little, "stress eating")
Eating disorders (eg. anorexia, bulimia, binge eating, food addictions, etc.)
Thoughts of and/or attempts to self-harm (eg. banging head on surfaces, punching/kicking walls, getting into fights, mutilation, etc)
Changes in personality (eg. suddenly withdrawn or suddenly extremely rambunctious, risky behaviors/acting out)
Drug addictions (eg Caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, cocaine, abusing OTC or prescription pills)
Changes in skin texture (eg uneven tone, dry to oily or vice versa)
As a result of many of these, nutritional deficiencies which increases or even causes further stress
Depression
Unusual blood sugar readings

Ill add to your list. very comprehensive!

Skin disorders
Acid reflux and Ulcers

Hormonal Imbalance especially in women where it messes with their Menstrual Cycles .

Mental Illness

Hives

Can also lead to thyroid issues, high cholesterol levels (increased chance of heart disease), and diabetes

Back