What do you think is fasting in your religion?

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

LadyDeath

Senior Marketing Officer
Staff member
LV

Many fast for different reasons and events in your religion...What are your ideas on fasting? do you really think it makes sense?

To me fasting is a form of sensory depravation, it's to allow your thoughts and emotion to surface. In my religion we have prayer and fasting, the fasting allows our thoughts to be clear and it also reminds us of our needs. That way we pray according to what we really need.

Likewise the same.... its cleanse your body and mind ...Sometimes we forget to pray to god so during this time we now y we are doing this...

whats the point in fasting or doing anything like this when you know you are doing wrong things and your not praying. God is not some seasonal time god reason i don't believe is fasting. Fasting is not about not eating meat or so on thats physical and thats na eave its about be spiritual. And if you were not spiritual first whats the sence thinking about fasting to repent ( makes no sence)

ya i agree wit admin, fasting should be done all yea not just at one certain time. hehehe

well yes it have certain people who does to it for

exams, when you want something to come true, for a person... etc

I think not only spiritual wise it helps you but health wise like to ease off the meat and other stuff for awhile

for me fastin is an individual choice, i feel good ,healthy ,alive and when i fast its mostly religious, its also discipline and self control

Yeah it has alot to do with discipline and self control. By keeping your body in subjection you get more control. That way you're less likely to give in to temptation or carnal impulses. It really is about control.

Fasting for me is not really about one time for the year..if anyone of my family is sick , i fast and pray for them ..now it could be a day fast or half day . It's about purifying the body, keeping yourself away from distractions in certain times eg. health, exams ,etc. I think it shows sacrifice and strength in one's self to keep a fast for something you believe in.

Lenten fast by Christians is penance in preparation for the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ...from all meat...Catholics are only required to fast on Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent, and on Good Friday...the day that Jesus Christ was crucified.....Anyone over age 18 yrs...but under the age of 60yrs should eat only 1 full meal on those days, although they can also have small amounts of food in the morning and the evening.....
Refraining from food can help us to bring our bodies under the control of our souls.....it is primarily a spiritual discipline designed to tame the body so that we can concentrate on higher things....that is why the Church strongly recommends that Catholics fast during Lent.....

Fasting is actually good for health. You get rid of lots of harmful stuffs from body.

When you fast, you are avoiding food; that means you can lose weight.

madsuya said:
like ppl stop fasting......ah not hearin about dis topic...

they mussbe fasting from this ched! :signlol:

lol !

Fasting ? There is not a specific time to fast for me .. Certainly in religions such as Roman Catholicism and Hinduism also Muslim there are times to do this ..but some people fast when there have exams, when some one is sick or just an overall devout to God in their religion . I do not fast for Easter but i do fast

Back