What Do You Think About The New Government.

Welcome!

TriniVoices.com / TriniFans.com is a forum platform for Trinbagonians to connect, discuss topics, share information, and engage in Trinidad & Tobago. Join us today and engage in meaningful conversations!

SignUp Now!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
LV

Awards
What do you think about the New Government? I know alot of people are bitter that their party did not win but we are beyond that.

For me personally I was neutral I did not vote and I was not supporting either side but after hearing that speech from the new prime minister I'm very optimistic.

His speech was so well I was actually moved to believe he really has good plans and intentions for our country of Trinidad and Tobago.
I believe everyone should give him a chance.

I believe he should be given his chance too and I was quite impressed with his opening speech. "It is now we against them." "We will do this together." "Every creed and race will find an equal place." "Great is Trinidad & Tobago."

It is certainly to early to tell what I think of the new administration but I am very optimistic. Time will tell.

I remain with the view that the two parties are the same until I see actions. Its evident that they will tell you what you want to hear but actions do speak louder than words and that's all I will be looking at.

I only voted to experience the process to say the least.

The following is a list of the new government Cabinet:
1. MP Clarence Rambharat, Minister of Agriculture and Land Resources
2. MP Stuart Young, Minister in the Office of Attorney General and Legal Affairs
3. MP Maxie Cuffie, Minister of Communications
4. MP Nyan Gadsby-Dolly, Minister of Community, Culture and the Arts
5. MP Anthony Garcia, Minister of Education
6. MP Nicole Olivierre, Minister of Energy and Energy Affairs
7. MP Colm Imbert, Minister of Finance
8. MP Senator Dennis Moses, Minister of Caricom and Foreign Affairs
9. MP Terrence Deyalsingh, Minister of Health
10. MP Marlene McDonald, Minister of Housing and Urban Development
11. MP Senator Jennifer Baptiste-Primus, Minster of Labour and Small Enterprises Development
12. MP Camille Robinson-Regis, Minister of Planning and Sustainable Development
13. MP Randall Mitchell, Minister of Public Administration
14. MP Ancil Antoine, Minister of Public Utilities
15. Senator Franklin Khan, Minister of Rural Development and Local Government
16. MP Cherrie-Ann Crichlow-Cockburn, Minister of Social Development and Family Services
17. MP Darryl Smith, Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs
18. MP Shamfa Cudjoe, Minister of Tourism
19. Senator Paula Gopee-Scoon, Minister of Trade and Industry
20. MP Fitzgerald Hinds, Minister of Works and Transport
21. MP Ayanna Webster Roy, Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister
22. Senator Avinash Singh, Parliament Secretary in the Ministry of Agriculture

New ministers sworn in | The Trinidad Guardian Newspaper

I'm looking forward to budget day. For me it has been a real life drama series since Jack start exposing everybody.

I not so sure about Anthony Garcia as Education. Being the aboard member of Fatima College and also former principal of said school, I somehow think he gonna push one religion's agenda as far as possible.

Lol we don't know that for sure as afik most schools have religion classes but as far as i can see from fb some of the supporters of the opposition only using a term that the people of the country will eat grass lmao where they get that kinda talk from???

Last edited:
Apparently a lot of talk is spreading about GATE cutting, subsidy releases on fuel, etc... I guess thats where its coming from. I waiting to see, i doh like to talk about stuff from the "hear say" because its often wrong.

I was also on the fence this elections. However, after hearing Rowley's speech and seeing the way Kamla acted after the elections I think that the better party won. I am cautiously optimistic about this current administration and believe that. like always, it has a lot of potential for good and bad. The only two things that I have a problem with are Nicole Olivierre as the Minister of Energy and Energy Affairs considering she has an ongoing court case that is considered a direct conflict of interest and Clown Imbert for Minister of Finance. I don't even know why he is still in parliament. Surely there are literally hundreds of better candidates.

Right now I just hope that the UNC present a good opposition and don't simply fight things for fighting sake.

Same thing i was thinking about them Ministers among Mac Donald as Minister of Housing.

I say give our new Prime Minister a chance. If he doesn't perform it's simple, we just vote him out again. I actually loved his winning speech and also days after where he said we need to stop the gimme gimme mentality also to ask what we can do for our country and not what our country can do for us. I guess we all have to wait and see

well prices on gas gone up just skim throught the budget a lil while ago, what do you all think about and as was revealed the country running on fumes atm

Well I looked at the express article online and I can say at least they didn't cut GATE and fuel didn't rise as rumors made it out to be. $3.11 and $1.72 are still fairly manageable vs what I was hearing. None the less, this in itself means everybody going to charge more for their products and services which decreases our purchasing power but say what, it could be worse.

Well as reported by our new Minister of Finance, the country has been running on fumes and our economy in a horrible state. With this in mind, revenue has to come in from somewhere. The couple cents increase in the gas is not that bad. Could have been worse as you said their nirtime.

lol im watching what some people are complaining about and it does make me feel like people in trinidad cannot read sometimes lol

I mean is not a small thing eh, most people saying oh is small thing, etc... It is a very serious thing.

Only time will tell. I heard rumours that they plan to incrementally remove all of the fuel subsidy over the next few years. If this is true then we can expect constant inflation and doubles prices increases by a dollar every year. Only time will tell though. These are just rumours.

I'm hoping this government does good. I'm glad to see some young blood in there but I'll remain cautiously optimistic for now.

If that really happens we will be impoverished. The subsidy on diesel is what keeping prices as it is now, so imagine what excuse businessmen going to come up with if they do remove the subsidy on diesel.

Back